PDA

View Full Version : New to Prevost hunting

Dougb
09-15-2010, 10:18 AM
Hello All,
We are new members, and after seeing our neighbors, new-to-them, 05 Royale down at HHI, my wife got the bug. We have been in our Country Coach for about 5 years, and she is ready to move up. So, I have started looking. We have narrowed our criteria to a few options that meet our wants/needs. We are looking for a coach with natural wood cabinets, 2 slides and a full bed couch (we still have 2 girls with us) and and XL. The rest of the list is negotiable, such as booth, zip dee awnings, tile or wood floor ect. My question is, is Royale the only converter that put real wood into the coaches? There doesn't seem to be many options in the older 2000- 2004 that meet these criteria. I am enjoying the search though.

Thanks,
Doug & Paula Black
2000 Intrigue
Prevost shopping

GDeen
09-15-2010, 11:05 AM
Welcome to POG and good luck with your hunt. Royale does indeed use a lot of real wood in their conversions. I think that you will find though that Marathon and Liberty also use some very nice wood laminates that are hard to to beat in terms of function and appearance. Seems like some of the Parliaments we looked at also had that type of finish. Our Marathon has the ribbon Mahogany laminate and we really like the appearance and feel of it.

When we built our house, I hand picked the cherry for all the cabinetry and built-ins, so I understand the desire for beautiful wood. The nice thing about the laminates is that they allow for some very nice radius fit and finish, and are easy to maintain.

ajducote
09-15-2010, 11:19 AM
Doug,

Welocome to the group and hope you can find the "perfect" coach.

If at all possible you should come to Kerrville, TX for our POG 9 rally.
http://www.prevost-stuff.com/pog_9_registration_october_8.htm

Here is 1 link to get you started. This is one of our sponsors:

http://www.millenniumluxurycoachesblog.com/inventory/2006-royal-xlii-s2-8641/

Dougb
09-15-2010, 12:38 PM
Andre,

Thanks for the invite. However, with work and being in Ohio, we can't make this rally. We will look at future ones maybe then.

The 2006 Royale is very nice. just a little more than we can swing at this time. That is why we are looking at 2000-2004, but who knows...

Thanks,

Denny
09-15-2010, 02:02 PM
Doug, I am in Northeast Ohio, Hubbard. If I can be of any help please let me know.

Dougb
09-15-2010, 02:30 PM
Denny,

Thanks, We are just north of Dayton. Maybe off line we could talk about some of my questions about your Royale.

Doug

Denny
09-15-2010, 03:32 PM
Doug,

We have a daughter who lives in Northern KY; we might be able to meet on one of our Kentucky visits. Until then, send me a PM via POG, email at funeraldir@aol.com or better yet, call on cell 330-550-6020. We also had a 2000 Intrigue at one point in time. We have a 2003 Royale that we have had for only two months and we are really enjoying it. Our previous bus (1999 Country Coach) had a laminate interior and we like the wood much better. As others have mentioned, the laminate is very easy to maintain but after having both we feel the wood gives a much warmer feeling to the bus.