PDA

View Full Version : Campsite

JIM KELLER
09-12-2010, 03:58 PM
Working on my trip to Kerville. Looks like a stop in the Baton Rouge, La. area will be in order. Any thoughts from our members ?

Loc
09-13-2010, 05:41 PM
Jim,

The best thing around Baton Rouge is the KOA in Denham Springs to the east of Baton Rouge. It is nothing to write home about. I would drive the extra miles to Cajun Palms in Henderson (exit 115 on I-10). It is a newer campground with concrete roads and sites. Some of the sites are tight, but there are back-ins that will fit fine.

JIM KELLER
09-14-2010, 07:52 PM
Thanks Loc.

rahangman
09-20-2010, 02:17 AM
Not going to make it to Kerrville either, but we are looking at a Texas trip in late January for a couple weeks. Sunshine,sand,saltwater.....any suggestions? Any, "Stay away from?". I am wondering how far south is good vs troubles with Border . Corpus Christie looks nice, never been to that part of Texas but looking forward to it.

ToyMan
09-20-2010, 08:10 AM
Jim,
We are starting our trek toward Kerrville on the 28Th of this month. We are going to stop in New Orleans at the "French Quarter RV Resort" the nights of the 30Th and the 31ST. This looks like a nice place to stay. They give a 10% discount for Good Sam members.

It is a little further south of the preferred route but not that far. Especially if you want to hang around NO for a day or two.

Ron

Gary & Peggy Stevens
09-21-2010, 11:35 AM
Roger, this is a very nice resort in Mercedes, TX. http://www.llanogranderesort.com/index.html

We stayed there over the Xmas Holidays last year. Very nice resort. Large spaces, tennis courts, lots of things to do in the resort if you are so inclined. As far South in Texas as you can get.

Gary S.