PDA

View Full Version : Cooler Climate

dale farley
09-06-2010, 12:30 PM
We had snow most of the day August 31st, but it was too warm to stick. Last night it started snowing when the temperature was 38; and snowed for an hour, and the temp was down to 31, so some of it stuck to the ground.

This has been an unusually cool and wet summer for Yellowstone, but there have been fewer fires than normal. Hopefully, these pictures will bring some encouragement to everyone who keeps wondering if summer will ever end. I hope it cools off in Florida before we return the middle of October (after Kerrville). It is supposed to be sunny and about 55 today, so it short sleeve weather, as long as the wind isn't blowing.

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
09-06-2010, 12:57 PM
Dale & Paulette--Hope that you are enjoying the stay there. Enjoy the cool weather!! It is still very hot here in FL (Key West) but we are having an unusual amount of rain and lightning storms. More than I can remember(of course that isn't too hard to do lately). The other night lightning was so bad and CLOSE the power went out(2nd night in a row with the storms). At 2am Ed and I decided to go out in the bus and start gen/AC's. Got to back door of house and realized, we were the only one without power!! After a call to City Electric, they were here and had us back on within 30 minutes. We were the only ones hit on their side of the power source. Not a transformer, just some line/junction that affected our house. Sure were glad that we were home because we would have had a mess to clean up from refrig/freezers. No one else would have known until they started to smell things probably.
Continue to enjoy the coolness and we look forward to seeing ya'll in Kerrville. Get the voices ready for the POG BAND! Thank you for the beautiful pictures!!
Sandy

Toy Box
09-06-2010, 01:06 PM
Seven of us are scheduled to be between Jackson and West Yellowstone on motorcycles this coming Sunday and Monday. Currently in Bus in Durango. Try to keep the roads clear until we pass thru.....OK? thanks.

dale farley
09-06-2010, 06:25 PM
Sandy, Your weather sounds about the same as Pensacola. Lots of rain, heat and humidity.

Toy Box, If you get a chance, stop by the Lake General Store on Monday. We will be out of pocket on Sunday. Have a safe trip.

GDeen
09-06-2010, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the update and pics Dale. After sweating most of the day in my bus barn on a project that cold weather looks mighty inviting! How long do you guys hang around up there?

dale farley
09-06-2010, 11:50 PM
Gordon, We got here July 29th and will be leaving September 29th. Will take our time getting to Kerrville. Typical weather here is about 65 to 70 and sunny for the months of Aug and Sep.

JIM KELLER
09-07-2010, 06:34 AM
Great pictures, Dale. Just what us Floridians need to see.

Gary Carmichael
09-07-2010, 08:54 AM
Road runner, where in Yellowstone are you? are you in a campground or RV park? We have been thinking of late summer in that area next year.

dale farley
09-07-2010, 12:58 PM
We are in an employee RV Park. Most of the public RV spots will not accommodate a 45' RV. We work at the Lake General Store while we are here.

Gary Carmichael
09-07-2010, 09:20 PM
Wow, sounds like a fun job. got the cake and get to eat it too! have fun Megan and Gary

SteveCooper
09-08-2010, 04:05 PM
Dale, I can assure you that summer is still going full blast here in the Panhandle. Here in Gulf Breeze we had a few mornings in the low 70's last week but we're back to around 80 at dawn and then up to about 90 with matching humidity. Add in the daily glance to the Tropics and it's just a normal day for September. Just what you want to hear right? Look forward to meeting you in Kerrville.

dale farley
09-08-2010, 06:29 PM
Steve,

Every time I call back to Pensacola, I hear the same reports you gave me. I still haven't forgotten how hot it was in June and July before we left, and I am really hoping the next month will bring cooler weather to Pensacola. I too, am looking forward to meeting you in Kerrvile. It's bad that we live 30 miles from each other and have never yet crossed paths.