PDA

View Full Version : oil press circ high

aggies09
09-02-2010, 08:54 PM
I am getting this message from my pro driver. I am also getting a check engine light on the dash. My oil pressure gauge reads the correct pressure that I am used to seeing. I have changed oil and all filters and saw no change. Is this just a faulty sensor or do I have a real problem?

stevet903
09-02-2010, 10:23 PM
Here's a link to a troubleshooting document - will tell you how to read the codes, etc.

http://www.tpub.com/content/trucktractor6x4/TM-9-2320-302-20/css/TM-9-2320-302-20_103.htm

Once you get the code, we can find a troubleshooting precedure for it.

Steve

Jon Wehrenberg
09-03-2010, 06:51 AM
A check engine light is only a warning and will not shut you down, so it suggests however that you do find out why DDEC is putting out that code.

If you cannot read the codes (by flashing them or borrowing a DDEC reader) a visit to a Detroit dealer may be a good idea.

merle&louise
09-03-2010, 09:10 AM
Tony,

When I first bought my coach (series 60) I started getting CEL and it read "High Temp Fuel Circuit Low" or some crap like that. The light came on and off for about 3 years! Finally, it stopped. It hasn't come on anymore in the last 2 years. I believe that moisture was the cause or planned obselence from DD.

Jon's advice to check the codes is a good one, but all of us have had a CEL blink from time to time and nothing becomes of it.

I always check my oil level, anti-freeze level, and transmission oil level - if those are good I don't worry about it. It usually takes care of itself.

Will Garner
09-04-2010, 02:08 PM
Tuga,

Are you sure the bulb didn't just burn out? Just a thought there.

Hope you guys in LA are begining to get beyond the BP spill.

aggies09
09-06-2010, 05:51 PM
Drove from Kerrville, TX to Abilene, Texas today, about 190 miles. No warning light. No DDEC message. Still confused.

Flashing codes..............Can someone give me the process(es) for flashing codes. I believe I have a printout of codes to find out what they mean, but am unsure of how to flash them so that I can interpret them. Additionally, Pete Petree advised that there is a way to check oil levels from the keypad. Can someone give me the method for this?.....I know this will cause much thread creep...................Oh well..........

Jon Wehrenberg
09-06-2010, 08:03 PM
I'll have my code reader in Kerrville.