PDA

View Full Version : Being prepared for when it hits the fan

Yankee802
09-02-2010, 01:10 AM
I like to try to be as prepared as possible for any situation, so in that light I have a question, I'm sure it's been covered, but I'm asking anyway. :)

I have insurance through National/Explorer, and am thankfull for that, and I believe I have an allowance for roadside assistance, so that's nice. But what I need is a number(s) to call in case something happens, whether an accident or breakdown. I have the number to Prevost Action Service, is this all I need? Being there are not any service facitlities in my area, and/or when I'm on the road, I need someone I can call for help. Also when facing adversity, I tend to stress out, so it's not the time to have to try to get online, or search around the coach for information.

Besides, if I have all my ducks in a row, everything should stay in line. :)

Jon Wehrenberg
09-02-2010, 08:15 AM
When we had a bus fire we contacted National Interstate direct. In seconds we had a claim number and was authorized to get a wrecker to haul the coach 180 miles to Jacksonville. So my recommendation is to just keep the National Interstate number handy.

Pete
09-02-2010, 10:13 AM
Like putting it in your cell phone.

Yankee802
09-02-2010, 10:44 PM
Sweet, anyone have it handy? :)

This will be great for accidents, but what about breakdowns?

michaeldterry
09-03-2010, 07:50 AM
We have Coach-Net through our FMCA Platinum Plus membership for 24/7 emergency roadside service and towing, just to be safe. It actually came in handy several months ago when my bus got mired in the mud at the gravel staorage lot where we used to keep her (she's now under cover on cement slab). I called and they sent a big wrecker that had me out of the mud in no time at no charge. When I called, I made sure they understood that I had a bus, bot a production/plastic RV and must have a wrecker service capable and qualified to handle my vehicle properly. They assured me they understood and did not disappoint!