PDA

View Full Version : Dixie Classic Fairgrounds, Winston-Salem NC

johnbrowder
08-25-2010, 04:41 PM
Has anyone stayed there? My daughter just started Wake Forest, and I found this place to be the only hookups close-in in Winston. My wife and I took a look at the "campground" when we dropped our daughter off at Wake last week. Basically a grass and gravel fenced area near the arena. No security and no no "campers" in sight. I called a lady at the complex office, and she said they had never had a problem there. They do have water, 30 and 50 amp power, and sewer.

My question is: Has anyone stayed there, and if so, was it OK?

Yes, yes, I know, I don't have a bus! Believe me I am working on that situation a fast as I can. I have a short list of mainly Libertys, and as soon as I have a buyer for my boat I will be rejoining the ranks of Prevost owners.

Jon Wehrenberg
08-25-2010, 05:41 PM
John,

Maybe everyone else is too shy, but I will wade in here with an opinion. It sounds like you have Prevost fever and if you keep looking it appears to just be a matter of time before you become a charter member of the TBBC, not to be confused with the TBC of which I was a charter member.

The TBC (or Two Bus Club) is a not so exclusive group of POG members who owned two coaches simultaneously or could be construed as the Three Bus Club, an organization of one of which Jeff Bailey is the founding member. All of us fell for a bus prior to the sale of our previous bus.

You however appear to be heading towards membership of the Two Bus Boat Club. The remedy is to stop looking and dreaming until that great boat is sold, or accept the consequences of the care and feeding of Two.

If you ever want help keeping the boat limbered up feel free to show me where the key is hidden under the floor mat. I can assure you my wife and I will try not to hit anything expensive or sharp.

jack14r
08-25-2010, 11:36 PM
I have all hookups 20 miles from Winston Salem,always available.Let me know whenever you need them.

Gary Carmichael
08-26-2010, 08:07 AM
Jack, Are you in Greensboro? I will be there Sept 4th for my brothers son's wedding, was going to stay at Oak Hollow in High Point but was labor day and they don't take reservations. So I am booked at the Proximity Hotel with the other wedding guest. I went to high school at Ragsdale, raised in the area. Spent most of my adult life in Southport N.C. and still maintain my permanent residence there. Keep the coach in Floyd V.A. If you are ever on the Blue Ridge Parkway I am at milepost 163 have hookup.

johnbrowder
08-26-2010, 10:19 AM
Jon,
I have told myself I will not own a "big" boat and a bus at the same time... But I suppose a scenario could evolve where that could happen. The thought of maintaining two massive machines with all the electrical, water and sewage systems is daunting to me. Boats and buses are both consuming endeavors, of time, money, and emotion. I don't want to spread myself too thin on any of those. I do admit that while I am currently a boat owner, my mind is more on Prevosts! We will see what happens.

Here is the boat, I wish I could get more excited about it:

http://newimages.yachtworld.com/2/2/3/5/9/2235929_1.jpg?1281719504000

Jack,
Thanks for thew offer. Depending on what I find closer in, I may well take you up on your kind offer.

jack14r
08-27-2010, 07:14 AM
My plant is in Thomasville(hookups) and I do live in Greensboro,about 1 mile from Ragsdale.

chtree
08-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Jack

Are there any furniture plants left in Thomasville? We used to send a lot of lumber down there.

Best Regards,

Chris ( chtree )

jack14r
08-28-2010, 07:57 AM
Thomasville Furniture has closed all of their plants in town,but they did reopen plant C about 2 years ago,it has a small staff that I estimate to be 75-100.Ten years ago they had 3500 employees in town and 2000 in other locations,a plant in Lenoir,NC and a plant in Appomattox,VA are also operating.There must be 10 million square feet of space that has been closed.

chtree
08-28-2010, 10:53 PM
Thanks for the info! The lumber business is still poor domestic and overseas.

Regards

Chris