PDA

View Full Version : TracVision LM

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
08-22-2010, 01:29 PM
I got a chewing out on our last trip because I had not got the Direct TV hooked up in the new XLII. I spent most of yesterday trying to get the thing to work after going over the User Guide and Tec Manual.
We just subscribed to Direct TV and new IRD boxes. I am wondering if the two are compatable. The installer for the house said the old boxes in the bus were obsolete and to take one from the house. The TracVision manual is copyrighted 1999. All I can get on the screen is that it cant find the satalite.
Could use some help if any one knows about this non-Prevost stuff.

HEY SKIFF WHERE IS THE SMELL CHECK?

Alek&Lucia
08-22-2010, 02:01 PM
You will have few choices below, but first you have to create an account, it's free :

http://www.kvh.com/Support/Product-Support-Library/Manuals.aspx?filteritem=%7b83EBE2D7-249C-475B-8F3C-EFA65063211E%7d

Alek

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
08-23-2010, 01:05 PM
Thanks Alek, I have the manuals but they do not address this. Talked to KVH service dealer in Miami and he said I may need a software update.

Jon Wehrenberg
08-23-2010, 02:19 PM
The reason there is a TracStar on my bus roof is I wasted a year getting jerked around by KVH and their technical analysis of my problems. I had computer analysis that said it was a receiver issue. After buying a new receiver I found out it wasn't. Then it was software, then it was this and then it was that.

That manure should have gone on my garden.

And I should have gone to Trac Star from the git go, but the damn KVH worked just enough from time to time to entice me to want to believe what the KVH wizards were saying.

BenC
08-23-2010, 04:12 PM
From the late '90s units, there is bot software and board changes that are required to make the KVH work properly with DirecTV's satellite onslaught (throwing satellite after satellite into the sky lol). We definitely prefer the TracStar unit (originally designed for the military) because of their product support and relatively easy upgradability with time. Just a thought.