PDA

View Full Version : Foged front widows

Woody
08-17-2010, 08:14 PM
Just checked the bus after a month in a hot dry storage building the small fogged windows have lost all signs of moisture. Is there a way to repair/reseal or is replacement the only option?

Jon Wehrenberg
08-17-2010, 08:49 PM
Woody,

You have multiple choices. If the glass you have has not been "etched" by the fogging, they can be removed, disassembled, cleaned and reassembled with a new seal.

Or, you can order glass from Prevost and have someone install it. That might be a little pricey because Prevost is proud of their side window glass and how it fogs on all of our coaches.

Or as a complete departure you can replace the thermopane glass with a single thickness, heavier glass made locally.

I'm driving with fogged glass because over 20 years I have dealt with this issue and it pisses me off that Prevost still cannot make a bus window that doesn't fog. At some point I will get a local shop to remake the thermopane side windows and I will replace them. I just hate dealing with sikaflex and the gooey mess it makes.

Woody
08-17-2010, 09:23 PM
Jon

I flipped the coin and I'll know what I'm going to do if I can find it.

michaeldterry
08-18-2010, 08:20 AM
Woody - I had my fogged driver's side slider window "repaired" by Suncoast Designers back in the spring of 2009. They did a fantastic job with their process and the window remains perfectly clear today! i don't remember exactly what I paid, but do recall that it was very reasonable. We had our local shop remove the window, send it to Suncoast, and then reinstall it upon return. i could not be happier!

www.suncoastdesigners.com (http://www.suncoastdesigners.com)

Here's a link to an earlier thread on this topic: http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/showthread.php?3755-Fogged-glass-FIX&highlight=fogged+window

HarborBus
08-18-2010, 02:26 PM
FYI, a friend had his door window replaced at Marathon in Beaumont in March they charged him $1000. He asked me to check with Prevost as to what they are getting for just the window and it's $330. Quite a mark up or install charge I'd say...............................:eek::eek: