PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to Terry Farrell in MN (moved from other thread)

Jeff Bayley
08-17-2010, 12:02 AM
Related, we are here near St. Paul at Terry Farrell's place in MN. He was listed on the POG member resources. We haven't been to a big rally yet but have enjoyed meeting other POG members one on one like Terry here with his wife Chris and we stopped in Ohio at Denny and Ruth Ann's. We'll stop at just about anyone that things they can put up with us. This way I only get known as a trouble maker one member at a time you see. We might go to TX but I should probably bring a big bag of tranquilizers with me and just sit around with a grin on my face and not say too much. Anyway, Terry's shop here takes the grand prize for just about everything and I just want to thank him for receiving us. I had a big punch list of stuff to go through but after we reviewed it together we got a headache and headed for the beer cooler to decide which projects would be more like fun and less like work. We're still voting on what to do. he,he. The only other shop that sounds this well equipped might be Jon's with the pit but I'll never get to see that I don't think. I've hinted around to go by Jon's but he knows that I know that he knows too much to get any rest if I come there. So Iza just stick with the Q and A with Jon online. But to stick with the comment above, yes it's great to meet other members when you can and to make new friends. We went to a festival yesterday to collect our share of a local food called Booya that you get by the bowl or by the bucket. By bucket I mean a really big bucket. The red necks all beat us to it and it was gone within a half hour of going on sale we were told. So we were forced to buy what was on hand which was beer. Shoot. Since we got there late we got all the free kettle corn we could eat. Poor guys brought the wrong food. The poor SOB's should have brought Booya which I still never got to taste but they should have brewed up a big kettle of that instead of corn I guess. Selling corn here seems to be akin to selling ice to Eskimos. But we gobbled it up.