PDA

View Full Version : Roof Coatings and Water Pumps

lrh
08-07-2010, 10:30 PM
We (wife and kids) are in the process of buying our first Prevost – a 1998 Marathon.

All the paint has peeled of the roof and it needs to be painted. Marathon is recommending Hydrostop. Has anyone used this and how did it work out?

The water flow inside the coach is pretty anemic. The coach has two small RV water pumps (2.8PGM) which look original. The Shurflo Extreme 5.7 is an obvious choice, but I replaced the Shurflo Extreme in my previous coach four times so it would not be my first choice. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Killeen

garyde
08-07-2010, 11:34 PM
Hi Killeen. Try this thread . There are many threads regarding pumps. Also, try a search for roof coatings and sealing. http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/showthread.php?4653-Water-Pump-Failure&highlight=water+pumps

dreamchasers
08-08-2010, 08:06 AM
We (wife and kids) are in the process of buying our first Prevost – a 1998 Marathon.

All the paint has peeled of the roof and it needs to be painted. Marathon is recommending Hydrostop. Has anyone used this and how did it work out?

The water flow inside the coach is pretty anemic. The coach has two small RV water pumps (2.8PGM) which look original. The Shurflo Extreme 5.7 is an obvious choice, but I replaced the Shurflo Extreme in my previous coach four times so it would not be my first choice. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Killeen

Killeen,

I can offer a comment on both of these items, because I recently upgraded both. Concerning the roof coating, I used Temp Coat as a roof coating. I am satisfied with the product and installation was doable in my bus barn. The down side is all the prep work that I needed to do before applying the Temp Coat. The roof was stripped of items that would be in the way of application and sanded using a pneumatic sander. I also coated all seams with a sealant before coating with Temp coat.

My Country Coach has the same water pump setup as yours, the two 2.8 gpm Shurflos. I replaced both pumps with the same as originally installed. My water pressure improved significantly. I can only assume that one or both of the pumps were not functioning properly. I replaced both pumps as a reliability upgrade. Since I do not have a good reference base for water flow in our coaches, all I can state is my water pressure is satisfactory.

You can do a search on the forum for Temp Coat and you will see other members have used the same product.

Good Luck.

Hector

flyu2there
08-08-2010, 11:05 AM
Hector, sure that isn't Tape Coat?

GDeen
08-08-2010, 03:20 PM
Killeen,

If you search "tapecoat" you will find a couple of threads which discuss the roof and refinishing it in general, plus some discussion on Tapecoat. I used Tapecoat and just yesterday got on the ladder and checked it out. Still looks good after 6 months and quite a bit of exposure, so I am happy.

DebDav
11-21-2010, 06:42 AM
Try

http://www.tcceramic.com

Loc
11-22-2010, 06:42 AM
DebDav (David),

Welcome to the POG. I haven't talked to you in a while. I hope things are going well. Is the H3 done? Are you still in Pearland? Give me a call if you have a spare minute at 713.831.6496.

Loc

campers
11-22-2010, 09:49 PM
Hi Killeen,
I just was maintaining my waterpump. It is a GRUNDFOS mq3-35-B. A very silent pump which can run on 120 or 240 VAC.
It has a buid in pressure tank and pressure switch. Besides this one I do have a Shureflo, 12 volts, as a backup.
Go to www.Bigbrandwater.com and they do have the cheapest ones: $ 399.99
I am very happy with the flow rate ( 22 GPM ) and the waterpressure ( 51 PSI )

gmcbuffalo
11-25-2010, 12:19 AM
Killeen
I think you should have a filter on the inflow of each motor. Check them to see if to see if the filters are clogged. Mine were clogged up with carbon from those disposable filters you can buy from camping World.
GregM