PDA

View Full Version : Camp ground in Maryland

Gary Carmichael
08-06-2010, 08:43 PM
Does any body know of a site near Pintail Point Maryland,will be there Sept 22 thru 25th. I have stayed at holiday park near Dover but that was in my old coach to many trees for the H3-45. Any help would be appreciated,thanks Gary

GDeen
08-06-2010, 10:02 PM
What is your height limit Gary? On the recent trip through New England, seems like we went under many underpasses on the freeways and toll roads that were marked 13' 6". Isn't that right at the limit for an H3? Meant to ask the H owners earlier and your note reminded me. Just curious.

Will Garner
08-07-2010, 08:02 AM
In the catagory of for what its worth, 13' 6" is the maximum legal height limit. Clearances less than 13' 6" must be posted. Anything higher than that is supposed to be a permitted load. Postings with higher clearance numbers, as seen on our travels to New England this summer, are likely a local practice as they would not be required. One thing to watch out for, these signs sometimes do not get changed out after a new layer of pavement as been laid down. If you see an old looking sign and some new looking pavement - beware. An inch or two can make a big difference in your trip outcome!

JIM CHALOUPKA
08-07-2010, 08:33 AM
7082A picture is worth a thousand words. Where not to go!

JIM:rolleyes:

GDeen
08-07-2010, 11:36 AM
I know I kept whacking my CB antenna on a lot of those overpasses and wondered if the H's would really have some problems. So it sounds like they must be under 13'6".

Gary Carmichael
08-08-2010, 09:05 PM
Gents, I am 13'ft 5in to top of dome antennae2-4" more have to be very careful where you go and plan accordingly. Just purchased this coach in Feb of this year had a 07 Essex . When we got home and ready to store in our garage I had to dump air to get in, have a 14' door but concrete slopes up was able to adjust t door up 4 more inches thank goodness! I have scraped antennae under 13'6in over passes.