PDA

View Full Version : Balance Master vs Centramatic

LarryB
08-04-2010, 12:36 PM
Probably been discussed, the pro/con of using these devices, but has there been any comparisons made between the two? They seem to function in similar ways but the price difference is considerable.

I want to install one or the other before we hit the road this Fall.

Thanks for the input.

LarryB
08-04-2010, 12:51 PM
After posting this I received a call from Bal. Masters. They informed me they are close to the price of Centramatic. Bal. Master web site would lead one to believe that the stated price is per each when it is per pair.

So------any pro or con of these products now that price is not an issue?

Sorry for the confusion.

HarborBus
08-04-2010, 01:38 PM
Larry I don't have experience with anything other than Equal but for the price it worked fine. There is an Article at http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/content.php?30-Balance-Masters-vs-Centramatic-Tires

GDeen
08-04-2010, 02:27 PM
I have Balance Masters and my coach is very smooth riding, so I like them. That said, I have no means of comparison so take it for what it is worth.

LarryB
08-04-2010, 10:46 PM
Elliott and Gordon, thanks for the replies.

gmcbuffalo
08-05-2010, 12:36 AM
Larry have you heard from anyone with tire monitors that has used Equal?
GregM

LarryB
08-05-2010, 01:07 AM
Greg, I have not heard from anyone other than those post above.
I have 'Smart-Tire' and that is one reason I am checking out the balance ring type units.

gmcbuffalo
08-06-2010, 12:14 AM
I called my Tire Guard guy Steve Wong he told me to try equal in one tire and see what happens. He would replace the sensor if it fouls up because he wants to know how it would work out also. That liquid balancer sounds interesting. I wish I drove more miles so I could give the equal a real test. Anyone else out there with Tire Guard's that would give it a try?
Greg

gmcbuffalo
08-06-2010, 12:16 AM
Another thing Steve told me is to take the sensors off while in storage, he says the internal battery will last longer.
GregM

rfoster
08-06-2010, 08:33 AM
I have been running the Tire Guard monitor system for about 2.5 years with Equal. Sometimes they are little slow to wake up after the bus has been sitting for a week or more - but I believe that is by design.

If you talk to Mr. Wong ask how long the batteries in the sensors are supposed to last or when they are to be changed and how many Lew bucks.?
Thanks

Denny
08-06-2010, 11:02 AM
I ran the Smartire and Equal for four years and did not have any problems.

gmcbuffalo
08-07-2010, 01:39 PM
Roger, when I have had a problems with the senors I have just called Wong and he has sent me new ones at no cost, as long as I returned the old ones.
Greg