PDA

View Full Version : Buses for sale

Danss
08-04-2010, 12:32 PM
Just noticed on the Prevost-Stuff web site there is 33 Liberty buses for sale and only 11 Marathons. Isn't there more Marathons on the road? Just curious. What gives?

GDeen
08-04-2010, 02:24 PM
Dan, I can see you are holed up and bored in the A/C out of that hot MS August weather...might as well start a fight and watch from the sidelines eh:cool:

garyde
08-04-2010, 10:23 PM
Marathon does not advertise on the site, Liberty does. Only private marathon owners.

pwf252
08-05-2010, 09:37 AM
Dan,
That didn't seem to get much of a rise out of them there LIBERTY OWNERS.

Jon Wehrenberg
08-05-2010, 01:43 PM
No sense getting excited when we know the reason. Our converter is advertising on our web site. How cool is that?

travelite
08-05-2010, 02:21 PM
I looked at every one of those thirty-three ads. I love Liberty but I just can't get past the interiors. They must look better in person! :)

James
08-05-2010, 04:15 PM
Could be that there are 33 Liberty owners who are selling theirs in order to move up to a Marathon and 11 Marathon owners who are trading up to a newer model ;).

Just a thought :).

Jon Wehrenberg
08-05-2010, 07:17 PM
I looked at every one of those thirty-three ads. I love Liberty but I just can't get past the interiors. They must look better in person! :)

David, The neat thing about conversions is there is one out there for everyone. Our first Liberty was ultra plain, and when we bought it it was almost universally a dove gray color throughout the entire interior. The walls, carpet, leather, table top, etc. We liked the simplicity of it, and with a rag and a bottle of Glass Plus or Windex we could clean the entire interior because it was either mirrors, laminate or Corian. We gave it some color by changing the leather seating going to a mauve, and then replacing all the fabrics with a patterned design that picked up the colot of the seating, from the drapes in the front to the bedspread in the rear. That was as wild as we could imagine ourselves.

The current one is not one we would ever order. The original owner told me the same thing, but both the original owner and my wife and I saw it and liked it enough to buy it. Despite the coach being a little over the top with mirrors and glitz everywhere, we like it because it is completely different than the way we live and it is nice to have a little bling. Our coach is in the range of years when the word bordello may have been appropriate to describe our decor, and the newer ones are moving away from that, but are still "showy".

But despite the over the top interior design we have made peace with a design we could never have imagined, would never have ordered, and which is nowhere near our rather plain tastes. We looked at a lot of coaches over the years, every conversion, all kinds of decors, some best described as institutional, to those like ours and as much as this is not us, I can say we both have grown to really like it. Like you I would have suggested it was not for us, but it turns out it is.

truk4u
08-05-2010, 08:42 PM
A school bus guy, oops I meant Bluebird, pooh poohing the Liberty interiors, is there no shame!:p:o:rolleyes:

travelite
08-05-2010, 10:09 PM
Jon,

That was a beautifully written response. (I wish I could say the same for Truk4u's :)). It seems its it a yin yang thing. Many times one finds something to be initially disagreeable only to appreciate it later. I really need to lay my eyes on one in person. BTW, Truk4u, most of the folks here were once-upon-a-time school bus folks. :)

garyde
08-05-2010, 10:25 PM
I remember years ago looking at Liberty and thinking they looked more like Parlor cars from the old days of the Railroad Tycoons. Certainly the decor has changed significantly in the last ten years.
Recently Liberty has gotten back to fine wood finishes for cabinetry and I really like their interiors.
If you look back at kitchens and bathrooms in homes of the 70's and 80's you get the idea. Times and tastes change.

truk4u
08-06-2010, 07:09 AM
David,

Except for Jon, he never got beyond the horse and buggy!:p

Jon Wehrenberg
08-06-2010, 07:15 AM
What is it with Truk?????

Has he progressed from sheep to horses? Get a bus beasty boy, and what's with the picture of the Bo?

Gary Carmichael
08-06-2010, 08:28 PM
Jon, We Liberty owners know that these coaches are the other woman in an owners life . Heck they got to be a little glitzy, makes a man feel like he is somewhere he is not suppose to be! and if the wife likes it, look out and hold on! ho de doe .

Jon Wehrenberg
08-06-2010, 09:04 PM
Gary,

We Liberty owners are targets for the underprivledged. I have come to expect the abuse. But you are right. If mama likes our coach life is good.