PDA

View Full Version : New floor in Bus

Sid Tuls
08-02-2010, 12:38 AM
I was thinking about takeing out my tile/carpet floor and replaceing it with a new hardwood floor. Have any of you ever done this? Was wondering the cost of doing a #1 job would cost?? Also is there a place on the west coast that could do a #1job. I've seen many coaches with the hardwood floors and think this is something i would like have done to my coach. I can be reached by phone 559-901-6426 or e-mail me sidtuls@yahoo.com Thanks

Loc
08-02-2010, 08:26 AM
Sid,

I have done wood floors in two buses. My contractor who renovated our house had his floor guy do the bus each time. The first was in 2007 when we put in hardwoods in our 92 XL from the front to the rear (no slides). This was very involved and my contractor said he would never do it again. It took three days to do the flooring. The second was last year in our 02 XLII where we replaced the carpet in the front living area and the bedroom with hardwood (double slide). The memory of the XL had worn off and my contractor did it again. This time it was was less involed and they were done in about 4 hours. If you want to give me a call I can give you more details. I am in Houston today at 713.831.6496.

rahangman
08-02-2010, 01:23 PM
Sid, we had carpet taken from bus (except for Bathroom) and replaced with Pergo brand laminate. Love it. Took a finish carpenter guy 2 days, did excellent job (labor $300). I am doing the trim. Should have let him do it. Only draw back is wife had to buy a couple throw rugs, cost nearly as much as the floor! Finished looks great. Dogs slide from Refrigerator to front seat no problemo.

garyde
08-02-2010, 11:21 PM
Liberty , in their new Coaches, do not use wood flooring. The use a 'looks like wood' synthetic flooring. http://www.libertycoach.com/collection/newused/newcoaches/2010LibertyElegantLadyDouble-Slide45XLII_711.asp

Sid Tuls
08-02-2010, 11:43 PM
Gary, do you know of anybody in our area that does this kind of work?
Loc thanks for the info I will back to you I'm in Parker,Az and AT&T service sucks out here should of stuck with Verison:)
Roger thanks or the responce I owe ya a shirt

jack14r
08-03-2010, 05:02 AM
Liberty uses Amtico resilient flooring that looks like wood but will last almost forever,Amtico's website states how it is manufactured.I know some coaches that have had poor quality flooring installed and they did not last.There can be more labor than material especially in removal and replacing.

garyde
08-03-2010, 09:34 PM
Hi Sid. i would call Steve Bennett at California Coach for a referal. He will know the most reasonable.