PDA

View Full Version : Prevost Featherlite 2001 General Questions

Zmax73
08-01-2010, 06:53 PM
Looking to purchase & wonder abt known problems with this model? Owner says he`s owned since 2003 and have detailed maintenance records with no major issues?? Leaves me in the unknown zone . Tks for any help!

nrhareiner
08-02-2010, 07:25 AM
I have had an 02 Featherlite since 06. As far as the conversion side, really have not had significant problems. Did have a major slide problem (Prevost slides), but Prevost stood 100% behind the product.

wayne
08-02-2010, 08:20 AM
We just purchased a 2001 DS Vantare last November, and love her.
Would suggest that you have the aqua hot checked throughly.
Also, consider talking with Donnie at Donnie Myers RV in Sanford Fl. He worked for featherlite for many years and
knows the coaches inside and out.
Good Luck!!

BenC
08-02-2010, 04:12 PM
-What model (XL2 or H3-45) are you looking at? Also, what was the production date, if you know? The two-year ahead title rule often applies to Prevost conversions. I remember specifics by when we actually made changes and where the coach would have been built, but the Title years vary.
-Does the coach (if it is an H3) have the standard 2 cruisair and one RVAC basement A/C unit, or the option of 4 cruisairs instead? The basement a/c is no longer made (by any company) and can be an issue to repair later.
-Does the coach have AMX (it should by that time period)? Has it been updated with digital tv's or converter boxes added? Reprogramming of AMX and component changing can be an expensive issue to take care of.
-Does the coach have the Square D 120v remote motorized breaker system in the bay and, if so, is it working properly? This is a major system that you need to make sure is in good working order. The parts to make it function are no longer available if they fail, though the remote motorized Square D breakers are still available for a few more years.

If you have further questions or would like to discuss anything else, please contact myself or Rick May. We would be happy to go over other items as well to look for. The above items are specific items of concern to be cautious about. There are other areas that are more across-the-board common to all conversions.

Ben Cummings
Coach Worx LLC
727-571-1133