PDA

View Full Version : Very Hand Reference Book

GDeen
07-31-2010, 02:32 PM
I received the following at Christmas from one of the kids. Threw it in the console in the bus and honestly forgot about it until about half way through our Maine trip. Turns out to be very handy in locating truck stops, stores, restaurants, etc. We found it very helpful in planning fuel stops and dry camp overnighters.

dale farley
07-31-2010, 06:37 PM
Very handy. We always travel with one.

Jon Wehrenberg
07-31-2010, 07:51 PM
In our library I have a trucker's mileage book that has mileage listed between hundreds if not thousands of US cities. In addition we carry Woodalls, the Big Rig book, the Next Exit, and a book listing truck stops around the country.

Prior to a trip I print out the Flying J/Pilot/Loves locations along our route.

With that reference material we can usually plan all of our stops.

Ray Davis
08-13-2010, 07:39 PM
For the electronically oriented folks among us, this book is available as an online service with a yearly price of $14.95 (roughly the cost of the book yearly). It also has a free iPhone app to work with the subscription.

http://www.thenextexit.com/index.html

Ray

Sid Tuls
08-13-2010, 07:45 PM
Hi Ray nice to hear from you it's been awhile since you posted.

Ray Davis
08-13-2010, 08:14 PM
HI Sid,

Yeah, I had been buried at work. July/August usually brings my yearly trade-show, and it was early this year. I hadn't been on for several weeks. Good to be back.

Oh by the way, thanks for the tip on over-nighting at Harris Ranch when we went to Northern CA. Worked perfectly, in fact we did the same on the reverse trip. Got to have both dinner and breakfast at the restaurant. Always good eating there!

Ray