PDA

View Full Version : OTR A/C Advertisement

GDeen
07-30-2010, 05:55 PM
As Jenny and I approached Greenville TX about 7:00 last night, we were driving directly into the sun. She was back at the dinette on the computer and complained about being cold. I had the OTR set on it's coldest setting, but the fans were on their lowest speed settings.

Flipped techlink screen from the rear view camera to the temperature readings screen to see what the complaining was about. Attached is a pic from my Blackberry. Nothing like that big OTR to keep a bus cool even tacking up into the sun.:cool:7065

Jon Wehrenberg
07-31-2010, 07:02 AM
If you keep posting stuff like that you are going to end up with your face on fans. They are already out there laying in wait to get you.

rfoster
07-31-2010, 09:46 AM
Yea. I need another innocent victim.

Don't let Sunami get cold.

garyde
07-31-2010, 12:23 PM
When your driving in say Arizona in the summer and it's 105 degree outside and 72 inside, it really hits you when you stop at a rest stop and step outside. It's like stepping out of a walk in BEER COOLER

Jon Wehrenberg
07-31-2010, 01:30 PM
There is nothing more satisfying in bus ownership than to step outside of your coach and to have your eyeglasses fog up instantly. Or conversely, to have all the coach windows fog up on the outside. That means the inside of the coach is just about comfortable.

Kenneth Brewer
07-31-2010, 01:30 PM
We were in southern California desert country last week. In Indio it was 112. We drove along I-8 and I-10 were it was between 103 to 108 and never felt it, maintaining 72 degrees, and turned off the driver's A/C because she had a blanket over her legs. Once stopped in Indio, however, at MCCRV, all four Cruise-Airs were required. For places like Death Valley NP or Joshua Tree NP, OTR while driving, is no worry unless it fails. Wish it could be used while parked and engine off.

Gary Carmichael
07-31-2010, 01:32 PM
Amen to that!

Jon Wehrenberg
07-31-2010, 01:42 PM
Perhaps a suitable electric motor could be found to run off the generator and it would only engage when the motor was stopped. To accompany that the chassis batteries would need an inverter or a dedicated charger to handle the loads of the DC evaporator and condenser motors. Just to turn the OTR compressor would likely pull 80 amps @ 120 volts.

The problem we Liberty owners have is that OTR spoils us.

GDeen
07-31-2010, 02:16 PM
Don't let Sunami get cold.

All he does is crawl in his bed under the dinette and fold his paws under his belly....trust me though, if he complained about anything it would be corrected pronto by his momma.

GDeen
07-31-2010, 02:21 PM
The problem we Liberty owners have is that OTR spoils us.

Don't forget several of the POG Marathon misfits have the OTR as well...

I've had to run the wipers on more than one occasion after the sun went down due to the condensation on the windshield where the front vents are blowing.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
08-02-2010, 05:08 PM
I've had to run the wipers on more than one occasion after the sun went down due to the condensation on the windshield where the front vents are blowing.

BUT Gordon, wouldn't that condensation be on the inside of the windshield? :confused: Do you have inside wipers too??? along with OTR :eek:

Gary S.

GDeen
08-02-2010, 06:44 PM
Gary,
Well, actually no, it is on the outside. Cold temps on the glass drive the air hitting the glass to drop below the dewpoint and thus forms water droplets on the outside of the windshield. This assumes you have humidity and drop the temp low enough. Also has happened when passing through a rain cooled area right after a thunderstorm, or early in the morning right at sunrise. Same thing as a glass with ice in it sweating I suppose.....

Jon Wehrenberg
08-02-2010, 08:25 PM
People without OTR cannot understand the concept of an AC system having such extra capacity that it is capable of cooling not only the interior of the coach, but the air surrounding it on the outside. I am certain if we were to sit still we could create a layer of fog around the coach on humid days.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
08-02-2010, 10:18 PM
People without OTR cannot understand the concept of an AC system having such extra capacity that it is capable of cooling not only the interior of the coach, but the air surrounding it on the outside. I am certain if we were to sit still we could create a layer of fog around the coach on humid days.

Well heck Jon, I don't have OTR, but I am in a fog lots of the time anyway !