PDA

View Full Version : 12v Fuses

Richard Barnes
07-28-2010, 08:26 AM
Does anyone have a schematic for the 12v fuse panels? Specifically, I'm looking for the panel which on my 98 Liberty Coach is located in the second bay (drivers side). I've checked every manual I have and can't find anything. Specifically, all of my tivoli lights went out and I don't know which fuse to check. Thought I would see if anyone can help before pulling them one at a time.

Jon Wehrenberg
07-28-2010, 08:40 AM
Richard, I have the Elegant lady so our coaches are going to be different, but only up to a point. Instead of looking for a fuse, look for a relay for that circuit. The electrical load of those lights is more than the average switch can handle so it is probable the switch energizes a relay.

To find it without the aid of schematics or wire number codes, pull one of the Tivoli switches and look to find the wire numbers. Then look for those numbers on a relay or circuit breaker in your electrical bay. My Tivoli circuit was modified to use heavier relays so I will do some research today to see if i can find the original circuit numbers. That might help you.

Orren Zook
07-28-2010, 08:41 AM
Give Bill Daugherty at Liberty in Chicago a call (800-332-9877) he can email the prints for your coach. Have your VIN ready when you call.

Richard Barnes
07-28-2010, 08:44 AM
Thanks John, I'll do that now.

Richard Barnes
07-28-2010, 08:45 AM
Thanks Orren, I'll give him a call and get the prints.

flloyd
07-28-2010, 10:37 AM
I had the same problem with my 97 liberty. I talked to Liberty and they told me about the two relays, one for the interior lights and the other for the Tivoli lights. Both are automotive-type solenoids and there are only two on the panel. They are controlled by the master switches next to the front door. One circuit is labeled LM for Lighting Master and the other, TM for Tivoli Master. They are on the far right side of the panel.

In my case, the lights just started working again. I suspect that the relay contactor just needed a few cycles to knock the "dust" off. In reality, these types of contacts usually rotate a bit when they are used and so I may have hit a dead spot. In any event, repeatedly cycling the TM switch by the front door might give some clues. There should be some audible clicking in the electrical bay when the switch is thrown.

I see that I have one of these relays in my spare parts box that came with the bus and it's labeled "bad". Sounds like a common issue.

I have a call into Daughetry on my water heater issue. I too will ask for a schematic, which I though was impossible!

-fred

Orren Zook
07-28-2010, 02:03 PM
He send me a PDF file with the electrical diagram/numbering codes for my coach last summer.

Richard Barnes
07-28-2010, 04:52 PM
Thanks everyone for your help. It was the tivoli master selenoid that went bad and it was replaced at a cost of $26.48. I appreciate everyone getting back to me.

truk4u
07-28-2010, 08:00 PM
Richard,

Glad it was the relay. To look at the fuses you need, 6 flashlights, 4 magnifying glasses, 3 cosmetic mirrors and if you wear bifocals, your screwed!:p

Jon Wehrenberg
07-28-2010, 08:21 PM
I don't know how many other converters use those relays, but from experience I never leave home without spares of that type. On my first Liberty even Prevost made extensive use of that type relay, and while Prevost only makes limited use on my vintage coach there are still enough of them in use on the coach to justify carrying spares.

I strongly urge all owners to inventory their relays and carry at least one of each type. I don't think our relays are so exotic that they cannot be purchased in almost any city, but to have to chase around to find them when on the road is a pain and carrying spares is often a huge time saver.

GDeen
07-28-2010, 09:17 PM
made a note to pick up spare relays after reading your note about your OTR repair....

Jon Wehrenberg
07-29-2010, 06:54 AM
FWIW if I am correct the same relay I used to repair the OTR was what Richard had to replace for his lights.