PDA

View Full Version : Air Leak?

Jamie Bradford
07-27-2010, 09:22 AM
Last night I opened the front bumper compartment and when I did an air leak started. It lasted for about 3-4 minutes. This morning I started the bus for about 10 minutes and after I cut it off the same thing happened?

Could this be the auxiliary tank depleting?? If so what should I do to correct this??

Thanks

Jamie

Jon Wehrenberg
07-27-2010, 09:29 AM
Jamie,

I don't think this is a Prevost question, but is more likely a leak associated with the CC conversion. Is it possible you have anything air operated such as a front bumper lock or lift, perhaps shutters, or some other device associated with your bumper?

The only time I would expect to hear an air discharge is in the lower steer compartment and it is associated with the solenoid valve stack and when switching from the driving position to a leveling position or back there will be a very brief air escape while one valve opens or closes. Nothing else I know of will make an air discharge in that area.

truk4u
07-27-2010, 09:31 AM
Jamie,

You have an aux air tank drain operated by a button in your first bay. I cautioned you about making sure you use the button almost every day, otherwise is gets gummed up and will either not open or not close. It's on the front of your aux compressor tank, easily accessed from the bumper after removing the slide out tray. If this is the source of the leak, all you have to do is take it apart and clean it.

JIM CHALOUPKA
07-27-2010, 09:51 AM
Jamie,

You have an aux air tank drain operated by a button in your first bay. I cautioned you about making sure you use the button almost every day, otherwise is gets gummed up and will either not open or not close. It's on the front of your aux compressor tank, easily accessed from the bumper after removing the slide out tray. If this is the source of the leak, all you have to do is take it apart and clean it.

Hey Jamie, I think Tom just said, :p

JIM :D

Jamie Bradford
07-27-2010, 10:36 AM
Figured it out. Purge valve hit by mistake and remained open. I manually closed it and all is back to normal.

truk4u
07-27-2010, 04:58 PM
So, does that mean the electric solenoid valve is working with the button or not? Anal ex-owner needs to know for warranty purposes..:p