PDA

View Full Version : Webasto Part Needed

MangoMike
10-20-2006, 10:43 AM
Doing my best to avoid being a Thread Creap.

Does anyone have the grainger part # for the webasto fan blower inside the coach. 12v on a '97 Liberty Classic. I've got the squeaks.

MM

Jon Wehrenberg
10-20-2006, 12:41 PM
Mike,

Stand by. I have a motor removed from mine and I will try to get the generic description. I have 24V otherwise I would UPS it to you.

I have some honey-do stuff, but can get out to the garage later.

MangoMike
10-23-2006, 07:41 PM
It looks like it's just not a simple as replacing the blower motor. Seems that it's a complete unit of coil and fan motor. I called Eggiman this afternoon and this is what they think as they don't show a separate fan blower part. However they are placing a call tomorrow to Webasto in Michigan for more details.

Top unit is the combo blower and coil set.

Coolant hose attach points.

Let me know if I'm missing something here.

MM

Jon Wehrenberg
10-23-2006, 08:17 PM
Mike,

The configuration of the heat exchanger / blower / housing varies from location to location. The number and source I posted on the other thread is for the toe space units such as under the sink and sofa.

If you remove your unit it is probable the motor is removeable, unless there is some access provided that does not show in the photos. I think based on the second photo that the fan motor is oriented like the one under the sofa and sink, and to see what you may have to deal with look at one of those. Pray you can swing it out to get at the motor without removing the coolant hoses. That is likely to make a mess.

I question whether Webasto or their distrubutors can help because the unit is likely a Red Dot product.

MangoMike
10-24-2006, 12:26 PM
Jon,
Thanks for the info. Like you I was unable to get into the Red DOt catalog for more info.

I did talk w/ TOny at Liberty today and he claims you can swap out just the fan motor. However you do have to remove the unit and disconnect the hoses - losing some coolant, but according to him not too bad. We'll see.

I'll post some pixs of my progress.

Mike

dalej
10-24-2006, 12:36 PM
Mango I just removed the fan/motor and replaced the motor. Our bus came with 24v motor so they would last longer but I had a few with squeeks. so I put in 12v so they would kick out more air. Don't do as I do, do as I say, use the 24v if that is what it came with.

MangoMike
10-24-2006, 01:00 PM
Dale,
I have a 12v system. Where did get your fan motors (part #?) and does your coil housing look like the one in my pixs?

Thanks

MM

dalej
10-24-2006, 03:56 PM
Ours is 12v too, it just uses 24v motors so they will last longer. Country Coach's engineering dept came up with it. Mine looks like your does, or really close. I think the info in my bus diary so I will look and let you know.

MangoMike
10-26-2006, 10:02 PM
I solved my squeeky blower motor problem. Thanks for everyone's help.

Here's my dog and pony show on how to swap it out. Easy!

http://www.prevoman.com/Pages/Webasto%20Blower/page1.html

Mike

Joe Cannarozzi
10-26-2006, 10:42 PM
Well done Mike, real good work both on the bus and the picture show:)