PDA

View Full Version : Allison transmission shift pad.

jimblu
07-23-2010, 09:17 AM
It would only shift into reverse if you used the plastic end of of a small screwdriver and pushed hard and rolled it around on the R button. A pencil eraser wouldn't push hard enough. From Prevost it is over $3000.
I got a rebuilt exchange from General Diesel & Electronics, 218 262 4553, for $220 shipped the same day that works perfectly and looks new. He even didn't bother with a $500 core charge, just asked that I send it back soon. Which I did.:)

JIM KELLER
07-24-2010, 06:25 AM
Great Information. Thanks.

BenC
07-26-2010, 07:03 PM
Just be sure to give the part number of the one you have...as every generation of WTEC has a TOTALLY different shifter and are NOT interchangeable. They are up to WTEC 5 now, and that doesn't include the previous series called ATEC lol.

jimblu
07-26-2010, 09:28 PM
I took digital photos of the face of the pad and serial number to refer to. A digital camera is a terrific aid for an aging memory for reassembly too. The tech (Randy) was quite familiar with them and needed the part number. The Prevost price quoted was $3713. Glad it wasn't for a plane. $220 is more like bicycle prices than Prevost prices. The part he sent was similar in serial number.