PDA

View Full Version : CruiseAir

dsaylrn
07-17-2010, 08:44 PM
We are having trouble with our cruiseair in the rear unit - plenty of freon but blows warm....we live near Auburn AL -anyone have any ideas as to a good repair center not too far away?
H3-45 Vantare Featherlite 1999.
Thanks for any info or recommendations
Debbie

truk4u
07-18-2010, 08:32 AM
Dwight,

I know AAP has a guy in SW Atlanta that can work on your Cruisair, I wasn't sure what direction you were going. You may want to call AAP and see if they can refer you to someone in AL. Their number is 804-633-9454. Also, Bleakley RV is a Prevost dealer and they are on the west side of Atlanta on I-20. You could call the Prevost hot line and they probably can point you to someone as well.

dsaylrn
07-18-2010, 09:17 AM
Thanks so much Tom - we are only 90 miles from ATL so that works for us. Dwight will call them tomorrow!
Appreciate th help
Debbie

michaeldterry
07-19-2010, 02:41 PM
Thanks so much Tom - we are only 90 miles from ATL so that works for us. Dwight will call them tomorrow!
Appreciate th help
Debbie

Debbie - if you and Dwight bring the bus over to Atlanta for service, let us know! Maybe Vita and I could meet you guys somewhere to have a meal and swap bus stories & other lies! We're just about 30 miles north of downtown Atlanta in Woodstock.

TG Transport
07-21-2010, 06:50 PM
Call Todd at Atlanta Custom Coach rather than John Bleakley would be my opinion.

BillhymerMD
08-02-2011, 03:27 PM
We also are having trouble with out rear CruisAir. In blows hot air except at infrequent moments when the compressor engages and its cold for a few minutes. We are on our cross country voyage and currently in Southern New Mexico in the El Paso / Las Cruces area. We are hoping someone has a contact for CruisAir repair in the state. AAP does not have anyone for a few hundred miles. Any help is much appreciated. Mike

Pete
08-02-2011, 04:20 PM
I don't know which way you are headed, but you might try American RV just west of EL Paso, I think in Anthony about mile marker 1.

Jon Wehrenberg
08-02-2011, 05:03 PM
Cruise Air, roof air and OTR questions are very difficult to sort out on a forum.

The first thing any technician is going to do is to attach a set of gauges and go from there. Without gauges anything is just speculation and there are so many potential failure points the best we armchair mechanics can do is aim you at a technician.

One thing for everyone to be aware of is we are dealing with all different kinds of refrigerant. Cruise Airs are run on R22, OTR most of the time 134A, but some older ones still have R-12. I think almost all roof airs now are 134A. The technicians should know this.

Personally, unless the technician can prove to me he is qualified to work on Cruise Airs or OTR I would only go to a service center that specializes in the product.

Toy Box
08-02-2011, 06:09 PM
Clean the filter. It is located on the side of the evaporator . It is normally a foam filter (wash it with water). It is about 12 inches square. It is usually the first one to clog up with dirt ie. stuff.

johnklopp
08-02-2011, 09:18 PM
One more refrigerant, all units made within the last year or so will use R410 refrigerant. Older units with R12 can be converted to R134a since R12 is almost non existent and no longer made. If a refrigerant change is undertaken from R12 to R134a, the compressor oil MUST be changed. R12 uses a mineral oil and R134a uses a polyester oil. I'm of the opinion that a typical AC service company would be better able to service the CA units. The typical automotive compressor based driver air systems are radically different from the built up split CA systems.

truk4u
08-02-2011, 09:23 PM
Keep in mind a conversion from R-12 to 134a involves a hose change and the cost at Prevost to switch the dash air to 134a was north of 8000.00. This has been beat to death on the forum, so do a search and read all the info before making any decisions.

Seabyrd
08-02-2011, 11:42 PM
Have you checked your voltage?.. we burned up a compressor due to low voltage... the compressor kept trying to kick in and the voltage was too low.... however with your genset running your voltage should be good if all is well with it.. we have had to leave certain RV parks that only show to have 105-107 volts coming in on one of the legs or both and the cruisairs will not run on low voltage.That has just been our experience ! Good luck..
Diane

We also are having trouble with out rear CruisAir. In blows hot air except at infrequent moments when the compressor engages and its cold for a few minutes. We are on our cross country voyage and currently in Southern New Mexico in the El Paso / Las Cruces area. We are hoping someone has a contact for CruisAir repair in the state. AAP does not have anyone for a few hundred miles. Any help is much appreciated. Mike

BillhymerMD
08-03-2011, 10:12 AM
Voltage appears fine as our other 2 CruisAir are running fine...thanks for the input.

phorner
08-03-2011, 11:06 AM
Usually, if low voltage to the compressor is an issue, you will get a "lo ac" message displayed on your SMX control.

I believe that if the sensor sees 100 volts or less for a period of 1 minute, it will shut the system down and display the "lo ac" message.

Jon Wehrenberg
08-03-2011, 11:15 AM
And if the CA shuts down due to low voltage it has to be manually rebooted by removing all power from the circuit and restoring power.

phorner
08-03-2011, 11:35 AM
And if the CA shuts down due to low voltage it has to be manually rebooted by removing all power from the circuit and restoring power.

Yes. And, keep in mind that the correct voltage needs to be programmed via the touchpad. I had one unit that somehow had the incorrect voltage programmed and had to be reset to the correct value. How this could happen is a mystery to me.

Zmax73
11-10-2011, 05:14 PM
Could you be more specific to where the evaporator is located ? Tks!

jack14r
11-10-2011, 06:59 PM
The evaporator is usually just below or near where the cold air discharge is located.

redprevost
11-10-2011, 08:41 PM
Why don't you just head north/high was 36 here at diamond lake today,and there was a guy water skiing//joe

gmcbuffalo
11-10-2011, 11:46 PM
Are we talking Diamond Lake, Oregon?

redprevost
11-12-2011, 12:05 AM
No we live at diamond lake washington/ 60 miles north of spokane,near canada///joe

Gary Carmichael
11-12-2011, 08:42 AM
Joe, You live in a beautiful place! Thanks to our wonderful buses we can travel in comfort and see all the great places in this country. Sounds like you leave your bus "down south" for the winter. We are preparing to leave on Dec 1 for Riverbend, that's just east of Fort Myers Fla. Use that as our base for different trips, New Orleans, the keys etc, back to SW Virginia in April just in time for, you guessed it "Tax Time" Travel safe. Gary

redprevost
11-12-2011, 12:21 PM
Thanks Gary/It is a great area,and if any of you folks get through here,we live a long block off hwy. 2 north of Spokane about 50 miles/hook up,with sewer and 50 amp,and lake view/great from may thru oct. and ski areas close for those who like snowmobiling or skiing/joe cagianut 509 6712952 or redprevost@yahoo.com