PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

gmcbuffalo
07-11-2010, 04:32 PM
With the replacement or prices in general for our busses coming down are you guys lowering the value of your bus with the insurance company and thus reducing you preminums?

rahangman
07-12-2010, 11:25 PM
We have that idea in our "Think Tank" due to age of the coach. National Interstate is working with us, but I thought I might do a little shopping. We are surprised about the cost with the Toad, thinking that a multi unit Policy would be the most cost effective, it doesn't seem to be with NI. The agent is understanding and willing to work with us.

ken&ellen
07-19-2010, 12:28 PM
Strange this should come up. National Interstate....thru Twin Peaks has requested we get an appraisal or they will lower the insured value? Ken

Jeff Bayley
07-19-2010, 02:48 PM
There's a huge RV rally (not Prevost, just RV) in Louisville, KY in a few days and we're a few hundred miles away. Explorer is going to be there. We want to change to either them or Thum which has been posted here as being a bit less and the same underwriter as Explorer (National if I'm correct). Would they be writing policies on the spot and is this a good idea or a bad idea I wonder if they are. If my bus isn't already wrecked (it's not), I guess there's no reason to to sign up on the spot. Some others have been commenting on another thread about Thum. I think it's just a few hundred dollars difference but maybe somebody that has looked into it will comment.