PDA

View Full Version : H3 series VS the regular Prevo

Terry J. Sturgis
06-30-2010, 09:24 AM
There is an H340 on ebay that looks good. The man selling it has 50 plus entertainer busses that he leases out. Says it runs great with no smoke. Before I run halfway across the country and without starting a war, what is the difference between the two models? Such as driveability, Economy and does the extra height make a difference? Thanks.

Charles Spera
06-30-2010, 10:10 AM
We purchased an H3-40 last year and find it exactly suits our needs. Since my experience with Prevosts is only 9 months long, I won't be able to advise on all the differences in models.
We wanted a coach that was no longer than 40' since we planned to haul a trailer with our race cars in it. We also liked the shorter turning radius the shorter coach provided. When looking I found that the H3-40 was available at a lower price than other models was all stainless and fiberglass which appeals to us. We also wanted to avoid slides at this time since we mostly travel and don't spend much time in parks so the extra weight and complexity wasn't needed. The H3 is certainly tall but so far we haven't encountered any bridges we couldn't pass under but I am sure there are some out there. I DO read all overhead signs and pay particular attention to those not on the interstate highway system. The H models have larger bay height and Barb finds this desireable as she likes to have an ample supply of clothes and accessories when she travels. (we don't have to leave much behind)
I don't know what other coaches get for fuel mileage but we get right around 6 mpg traveling at safe senior speeds. The faster you go, the more fuel you will use. Liberty is our convertor and we are pleased with every aspect we have encountered.
Hope this helps, feel free to send me a PM and we can chat more.

Kenneth Brewer
06-30-2010, 11:15 AM
"I don't know what other coaches get for fuel mileage but we get right around 6 mpg traveling at safe senior speeds."

Watch your tone.

Jon Wehrenberg
07-05-2010, 03:00 PM
I cannot resist...............Chuck's maximum 40 foot H3 is actually 41 feet.

Short version of differences apart from the appearance, the H3 is taller with a much higher storage area. The XL has bays lower in height.

From a conversion point of view, the H3 floor height requires a turn in the entry steps and that creates an interior difference in whicyh the XL driver is on the same level as the rest of the coach, and the H3 driver and passenger are usually sitting a little lower than others in the salon of the coach. (Salon is a fancy word for living room.)

Your right foot influences fuel economy to a much greater extent than the height of the coach, but the laws of physics do apply so the H3 could be expected to be a little less economical to run down the highway especially as speeds increase.