PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Germany

GDeen
06-23-2010, 05:14 PM
I am not an Ebay trader, so need a little help....

Our main kitchen sink faucet is not sealing properly and is made by Hansgrohe. I have the original documentation and it has a service kit reference number. The only place I can find this kit is at German based retailers and Ebay Germany.

Any problems with signing up for Ebay and buying something like this from Ebay Germany? Not a big deal $$ wise, but I don't want to fool with it if it is unrealistic to expect performance on the other end.

dale farley
06-23-2010, 05:34 PM
Gordon,

The most helpful factor on eBay is the feedback rating. It should be close to 100% positive for a reputable company. If they have several thousand ratings, then some will be negative, because you just can't satisfy some people. I have bought and sold on eBay for years, and have never had a problem. That does not mean that it is 100% safe, but most of the time it is.

HarborBus
06-23-2010, 07:54 PM
Gordon, we have bought allot of stuff on eBay over the years additionally Evy and I have sold a number of things with minimum problems. I did buy a pair of Birkenstocks from a German seller once, it took a long time to receive then but all went well. Like Dale said just make sure the feedback score is good relative to the number of sales and you should be OK. Post the link to the auction and I'll look at it for you and see if it looks like a reputable seller.

truk4u
06-23-2010, 08:31 PM
Gordon,

If you do the transaction through Paypal, you can get the Buyer Protection.

GDeen
06-23-2010, 10:46 PM
Thanks guys - did the deal with a guy that has a high rating. Had to use google translator to communicate on shipping charges, etc., but I think we got it done.

garyde
06-23-2010, 11:11 PM
Grohe plumbing faucets, valves, shower heads , etc. can be purchased thru any plumbing wholesaler or retailer.

GDeen
06-24-2010, 09:35 AM
Grohe plumbing faucets, valves, shower heads , etc. can be purchased thru any plumbing wholesaler or retailer.

You are correct except this is Hansgrohe - completely different company...

Gary & Peggy Stevens
06-24-2010, 04:59 PM
Hansgrohe, was actually started by the brother of the Grohe first plumbing start up. They split up many years ago to form separate companies, but are making the same quality faucet equipment, just different designs.

You actually can buy Hansgrohe products all over the states, but since you already got your deal done, it should work out fine. http://www.hansgrohe-usa.com/us_en/index.htm

We just put a Hansgrohe shower system in our master bath. We just love their products. We have had a Grohe Kitchen faucet in our house for 11 years, and actually have the same kitchen faucet in the bus, only in brushed brass instead of brushed nickel.

Sorry to interrupt? I use Ebay all the time, and have only had a couple of problems.

Gary S.

GDeen
06-24-2010, 06:37 PM
Gary,

I found the USA site and this was the response to my query for the "service set" for my faucet:
You searched for "13952".
Your search returned zero results

So then I exchanged emails with the techs at Grohe including photos of the offending faucet and he disclaimed it nor had any knowledge of where to find the parts. Never received a response from Hansgrohe USA aside from the results of the search of their site shown above.

Then I went the Google route and located the service set on EBay Germany. I am guessing it is out of production and no longer stocked by the manufacturer and some folks still have some. In any event, I am happy to have found one.