PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to ALL our sponsors

ajducote
06-23-2010, 01:38 PM
I would like to take a minute to say "THANKS" to all of the sponsors of POG. I also want to say that I very much appreciate the input they provide on the forum. They make no money while spending time answering questions that we have. Any help we get from these professionals is deeply appreciated.

I sincerely hope that everyone will recognize that we all have different opinions and different needs. But we all have a bus that we enjoy and need information, help and work done on to keep them safe. Our sponsors can help us be smarter when it comes time to make decions on the maintenance of our buses.

I live in Florida and have used 4 different sponsors in Florida for work on my bus and have been happy with the results from all of them.

dale farley
06-23-2010, 02:43 PM
Andre, I agree with your post. Although I have not used any of them because of my location, it is nice to have their input and nice to know they are there if we need them. I wish a couple of them would move to NW Florida.

Ray Davis
06-23-2010, 02:44 PM
Can I get an Amen to that? I'm sure that all of us sincerely appreciate our POG sponsors and the time that they spend here to help us out. I look forward to seeing everyone at Kerrville in October.

JIM KELLER
07-06-2010, 11:16 AM
SATISFACTORY REPAIRS AT COACHWORX

My Roof Airs slowly lost performance and water ran down the sides of the Bus. During start-up numerous clicking sounds could be heard before the compressors would engage. I decided it was time to replace my units.

Coachworx installed three new units. A 13.5 K in the Bedroom and two 15 K units in the Galley and Salon. The results are no more water running down the Bus, improved cooling with less compressor run time and more air movement. The Controller had to be updated but the exisiting wires were used. Roof Air covers were painted to match the Bus. Tops remained white for less heat absorption.

In connclusion, a very knowledgeable team of Technicians performed the work without a hitch. The job was done in a day and the price was competitive.

I would return to this Sponsor for additional work.

Russell Coachworks
07-06-2010, 12:26 PM
It is nice to see a post thanking the sponsors. While we do not log on as much as we would like to (or should); we enjoy reading everyone's post and we post when we feel like we are contributing. However, because we are not logged on as much as we should be; always feel free to call or email us directly when you have a specific question or need. We will always take time to answer any POG members' questions. Also, if passing through TN - everyone has an invite and is always welcome to stop in and say hello!

Rob Russell
Russell Coach
865-525-3888
www.russellcoach.com

Willis Michell
07-06-2010, 07:54 PM
We also are very appreciative to the sponsors especially CoachWorx since the day it opened. We are very happy with them and remember one of the techs told us "we don't make them ...we just make them right! A good business motto!

Jon Wehrenberg
07-07-2010, 08:12 AM
Every one of us who has owned a Prevost conversion has or will go through a period when we don't know if we are on foot or horseback. As long as things are going well all we need to worry about is getting the routine maintenance done. While there are a few things specific to the coach most of the routine stuff is changing oil, maintaining the coolant and lubing the chassis. Those of us who are mechanically inclined and choose to do our own work typically start learning the coach by doing the routine stuff.

But at some point every one of us is presented with a problem. The problem could be with the house or the chassis, it could be simple, or not so simple. At that point we generally need the help of someone we can trust our coach to, and we have a choice. We can try to gather information and knowledge and tackle the repairs ourselves, or we can turn the problem over to someone else to do the work. That is where our sponsors shine.

After 20 years of ownership I have developed a good understanding of the coach, but my knowledge is limited to only those things I have maintained or repaired myself. I cannot imagine the scope of knowledge our sponsors possess because they live and breathe Prevost every day and they have to be on their game 100% of the time. When I go down the list of folks that help sponsor POG I see a depth of expertise that is available to get us out of any difficulty, and those experts are willing to share that expertise with us. We need to support our sponsors. We need to brag about the good work they do on this site so relatively new coach owners can go about developing their list of people who will support their coach.

Over the years on this site and the P-Stuff site there have been postings by owners who have been taken advantage of by various service technicians and companies. No Prevost owner ever needs to put themselves at risk if they seek recommendations from this body of owners who are not shy about giving their opinions. Our sponsors make a big contribution to POG, and they spend huge amounts of money to create their facility, secure the tools necessary to do the work, spend time and money training their people, insuring themselves so if something bad does happen you have recourse, and they join our discussions often to share their expertise. I just wish we had POG 20 years ago when I got our first bus so I knew how much help was available when I needed it.

When you deal with our sponsors always tell them you are a POG member. They need to know their sponsorship is briniging them a return.

JIM KELLER
07-07-2010, 08:36 AM
Jon, That is a VERY GOOD POST .

rfoster
07-07-2010, 11:05 AM
Yea! To what Jon said