PDA

View Full Version : RV Park in the Austin,TX area

LarryB
06-20-2010, 10:36 PM
Looking for some ideas on a nice place to stay for a few days to explore the Austin area after the POG Rally at Buckhorn this fall.
Thanks for the help,

Neal&Carla
06-20-2010, 11:30 PM
La Hacienda Resort was very nice west of Austin close to Lake Travis. We stayed there in April this year. Paved streets and pads. Felt similar to Buckhorn but smaller. Easy access to Austin activities. We enjoyed Lambert's BBQ downtown. Ran into Gordon Deen and Reagan Sirmons while we were there.

Neal

aggies09
06-21-2010, 12:29 AM
I think La Hacienda would be your best bet. There is another park in Liberty Hill (north of Austin) that I had to use in a pinch and I would stay away from that one.

Larry, I think you will enjoy the greater Austin area and San Antonio if you haven't been there before. I assure you that you will come away believing that the state color is burnt orange. Regardless of what Reagan tells you, that is not the case.

edsaylor
06-21-2010, 11:22 AM
La Hacienda near Lake Travis is the newest and nicest, but another great place is Lone Star RV Park right on I-35, just a little South of downtown. P S- The state colors are ORANGE & WHITE!!!

GDeen
06-21-2010, 12:24 PM
Larry,

I live about 15 minutes away from La Hacienda and agree it is your best bet in the Austin area. Located essentially on Lake Travis, with access to the city of Austin and nearby hill country points of interest. The area immediately around the park is not the best we have to offer, but otherwise I think you will be pleased.

They do have paved roads, but I believe the sites are crushed gravel. Either way, it is pretty decent camping.

Neal&Carla
06-21-2010, 08:35 PM
Gordon is correct about the pads being crushed gravel. Although the gravel was nice and smooth with curbing. With our 2 Golden Retrievers we aim for paved roads and pads. Sorry for the error.
Neal

GDeen
06-21-2010, 11:03 PM
Gordon is correct about the pads being crushed gravel. Although the gravel was nice and smooth with curbing. With our 2 Golden Retrievers we aim for paved roads and pads. Sorry for the error.
Neal

Neal I figured as good looking as that CC is they may have given you the one VIP concrete pad!

LarryB
06-21-2010, 11:39 PM
Thanks for all the input on the park, It seems La Hacienda is the place.

Thanks again,

Jerry Winchester
06-24-2010, 04:50 PM
Larry,

I have been to the Lone Star RV park right off of I-35 two times. It is okay and close to town. Since it is on the Interstate, for an overnight stay it works real well. Nothing special, but the pool is clean and the big pull thru spaces are in the back so the noise is not an issue. Lots of trees.