PDA

View Full Version : Post Rally Poggers - Amarillo, TX

truk4u
10-16-2006, 10:02 PM
Poggers Carl, Mango, Tom, Ray and the ladies end up at the Big Texan Steak Ranch for dinner.:p This is home to the 72 oz steak, where was Jdub when we needed him.:D

rfoster
10-17-2006, 12:25 AM
Tom: Those are great pictures of everyone! Who ate the most Steak?

We went to the ballon festival - Micki and Di freezing their little piggies off
We saw more ballons than Lawrence Welk Bubbles or JDUB LEDS(maybe)
Then we left Santa Fe for the Grand Canyon with two New Pog Rally Masters; Ken and Mike and spouses:
Then onto the Canyon spent the day Monday looking at the biggest gully ever. Road the train to from Williams to the Canyon , got serenaded on the way up and robbed on the way back
Heading to Phoenix Tues

Chris and Debbie Yates
10-17-2006, 12:59 AM
Mango, you have a long trip home, why are you stopping at the tourist traps?
And you'r only in Amarillo on Sunday night:o Even your led loser buddy has made it back to whence he came.
Get the mothership in the hammer lane pointed East.

Safe trip.

MangoMike
10-17-2006, 09:20 AM
AP,

While the slackers headed back to the campsite in the HORNY LIMO following the 72oz'er, Mrs. Mango and I mounted back up and headed East, driving to OK City that night. The best part was passing Jon Monday morning.

Pixar's Next Release " Ray wrastles the Big Texan for control of POGIII"

Stopped in Memphis Monday to have BBQ at the famous Jim Neely's Interstate BBQ (Note to TUGA, parked the bus right in his lot, but had an armed guard watch my wheels and stereo). Then back on the road to sleep in Nashville.

Hmmmm Good. Heart stoppin' Eatin'.

MM

merle&louise
10-17-2006, 09:23 PM
MM

Man, I envy you. I'll bet those ribs were outstanding. Glad you were able to park in the lot; I almost always tow an SUV - I guess that is what I was thinking when I told you it would be tight to park the bus in his lot. Hope you were able to meet Jim, he is really a nice guy.

Karen & I just arrived home Tuesday; we visisted friends in El Paso Sunday night. Stayed at Buckhorn Lake Resort in Kerrville, TX on Monday night (Note to Ken & Mike & Ray - we picked up some brochures >> PM me with your mailing address & I'll send them to you if you like).

Karen & I had a blast at POG II, everyone made us feel so welcomed. I have never met a group quite like this one. We are looking forward to POG III.

truk4u
10-17-2006, 10:10 PM
Chris Yates (AP) hammer down I-25 passing big red (with permission of course.:D

Jerry Winchester
10-17-2006, 10:42 PM
Scene from the rocking chair......

It takes a long time for "The Shag Wagon" to get up a head of steam.

Chris and Debbie Yates
10-18-2006, 12:02 PM
The shag wagon may take a while to come up to speed but it ends up in the lead (sometimes with permission) Here is the other wagon which ends up in the lead (without permission)308

AP:p