PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know this coach?

craiglenz
06-11-2010, 11:13 PM
Does anyone recognize this coach? The seller says it was purchased at Auction and they have no owner history. The coach is now located in Bend, Oregon. Do we have any Poggers in the Bend area to go have a walk through for me?

http://image9.autorevo.com/1846/pics/2765219_496e5fee-2b6f-4fbd-93b9-ce1a487e8769.jpg

http://image9.autorevo.com/1846/pics/2765219_61c6ea4a-5e55-460c-bed2-e3402a36665e.jpg

http://image9.autorevo.com/1846/pics/2765219_9aed4484-b858-4396-a60c-892dba688b5c.jpg

Full listing is at: http://www.autonetworkus.com/webtemplate.aspx?iid=2765219

I have been looking for a coach to put a wheelchair lift on and this one's layout is just what we want but am hesitant with it being Angola (no manufacturer support) but mainly not knowing its history. If I could find the previous owner that would be great. Any help out there would be greatly appreciated.

Craig Lenz

BoaterAl
06-11-2010, 11:51 PM
Run a "car fax" on the serial number and the entire history should come up. Maybe even a surprise or two.
AL
05 Marathon XL II

jelmore
06-12-2010, 02:39 AM
Something that might show up on a car fax is mileage and odometer issues. Many states, I've found, don't require an odometer statement for vehicles over 26,000 lbs. Car Fax (the brand) doesn't understand that and it looks bad on a report.

Loc
06-12-2010, 07:30 AM
Craig,

The folks at Panterra Coach (www.panterracoach.com) in Angola, Indiana should be able to help you. Many of the current employees used to work for Angola Coach. Call them with the description of the coach and they will probably know the coach and be able to tell you a lot about the coach - especially a front and mid entry coach (a rare animal). We had an Angola for five and a half years and liked it very much. They systems were well designed and straightforward and we never had issues finding the answer or someone who could competently work on the coach. You may want to PM Lonesome George. He has a great looking, late model Angola and may be able to provide some additional insight.

Loc

grross
06-12-2010, 10:11 AM
Unless this coach has a twin, Angola showed this coach at the tampa rv show a couple of years before they went tilt. It was very functional and well built.

michaeldterry
06-13-2010, 07:36 AM
I realize very well that looks can be deceiving, but after examining the photos on the listing at Auto Network Group's website, it looks like someone had the coach built and then put it in a garage with almost no use! The condition does indeed look pristine!

ToyMan
06-13-2010, 10:29 AM
It does look like a nice coach. Especially for the $$$. It is now on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1996-Angola-45-Bus-Prevost-ONLY-31K-MILES-PRISTINE-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem439fd86fdfQQitemZ29044 4570591QQptZRVsQ5fCampers

travelite
06-13-2010, 01:12 PM
Except, there's no pic of the DD Series 60, or at least I couldn't find one.

GDeen
06-13-2010, 05:16 PM
Although it seems the dual entry would eliminate valuable storage in the back, I have wondered why there aren't more of those in Star Coach setups just so the driver stays in front and the entertainer has their own entrance and exit in the living area.

Loc
06-13-2010, 08:18 PM
Gordon,

Randy Travis had a Liberty with the dual entry. There was no access from the front to the rear. The driver had his driving seat and a loft bunk above his head. I think its for sale on busforsale.com.

Loc

craiglenz
06-14-2010, 12:11 AM
Thanks fellas for the input. I did a carfax search and it appears the numbers are right. The first record transfer was a Montana registry in 11/29/2001 at 7,128 miles then again in Montana in 02/23/2004 at 24,628 then two more Montana registration changes in 2004 with no miles shown then a Nevada registration in 08/24/2004 at 28,223 and then the last being 05/11/2010 was sold by auction in Nevada at 31,589.

So for a 1996 to have only 7,000 miles on it in the first 5 years sounds like it possibly spent most of its first years locked away. So I expect one can plan on a full rebuild of the bottom end in terms of tires, airbags and batteries but I think it’s worth a good look. If anyone else recognizes the coach or may has a clue to its first owners that would be a great find. I’ll check with the folks at Pantera as Loc suggested.

The coach just came off of Ebay and now has been relisted.

Im curious to find out how much waterbay had to be given up for the rear entrance. If it only has 75 gallons of water that wouldnt be a good thing as we will want to dry camp a fair amount.

Thanks for the input and help,

Craig

GDeen
06-14-2010, 11:10 AM
Gordon,

Randy Travis had a Liberty with the dual entry. There was no access from the front to the rear. The driver had his driving seat and a loft bunk above his head. I think its for sale on busforsale.com.

Loc

Saw it on bus.com Loc - 98 Liberty....exactly the type of deal I was curious about. Notice the 50 gal fresh and 125 gal gray tanks...Interesting.

Steve Mitchell
06-14-2010, 02:05 PM
Bob Makin would know. He's cell is 260-908-4810. There use to be (2) doctors (husband and wife) both in wheelchairs and the name of the coach was "Paradox". Might be that one. Good Luck,
Steve Mitchell
Parliament Coach

Bob Makin
06-14-2010, 03:29 PM
Craig,
You are wrong in saying there is no "manufacturer" support for an Angola Coach. All of the employees at Panterra Coach in Angola, IN worked for and built the Angola Coaches. We work on them for many of the owners, answer questions on the phone daily, and are very proud of the quality that was built into the Angola conversions. This group of employees have been together from 15 to 20 years. Our service manager, Don Wolf, and his staff are more than willing and capable of answering any question you may have about the quality and functions of the Angola or American Coach conversons. We know who owned this coach from day one, the history up until about 4 years ago, and are more than willing to share this information wih anyone that is interested. We actually were bidding on this coach when it went up for auction but regretfully were outbid, and not knowing the current condition, decided not to bid any higher. Let me know if we can be of any assistance. You can reach me, Bob Makin, or any of our staff at Panterra Coach & RV at 260-665-8000 during regular business hours, or you can reach me anytime after hours on my cell phone at 260-908-4810.

Donnie_M
06-14-2010, 05:35 PM
Craig,
You are wrong in saying there is no "manufacturer" support for an Angola Coach. All of the employees at Panterra Coach in Angola, IN worked for and built the Angola Coaches. We work on them for many of the owners, answer questions on the phone daily, and are very proud of the quality that was built into the Angola conversions. This group of employees have been together from 15 to 20 years. Our service manager, Don Wolf, and his staff are more than willing and capable of answering any question you may have about the quality and functions of the Angola or American Coach conversons. We know who owned this coach from day one, the history up until about 4 years ago, and are more than willing to share this information wih anyone that is interested. We actually were bidding on this coach when it went up for auction but regretfully were outbid, and not knowing the current condition, decided not to bid any higher. Let me know if we can be of any assistance. You can reach me, Bob Makin, or any of our staff at Panterra Coach & RV at 260-665-8000 during regular business hours, or you can reach me anytime after hours on my cell phone at 260-908-4810.Hello Bob! Glad to see your still kickin!!

craiglenz
06-15-2010, 01:15 AM
Thanks Bob for setting me straight on that and letting the rest know that support for the Angola Coaches is still alive and well. That is great news. Ill be giving you a call. Thanks again.

gmcbuffalo
06-15-2010, 08:52 PM
I am going to guess the first owners were Canadian. The odometer is Metric KPM. My bus has the same odometer and it was build for a Canadian. Probably someone just North of Montana.
Greg

craiglenz
07-10-2010, 01:09 PM
Looks like we are very close to closing a deal on this coach.

Question: Can anyone who has an Insurance Company contact that I should talk to about insurance Id really appreciate a heads up on that. Since the coach is a 96 Angola it is not on the RIV list for importation to Canada where I live till and needs to remain in the USA till Jan 2011. I am in need of an American insurer until then. I have received a quote from a referral given to be by the seller. I would like to get additional quotes. My online requests have gone unanswered so a referral contact is really who Im looking for.

Please post any agents you would refer or send me a PM on this.

Greatly appreciated.

Craig

michaeldterry
07-10-2010, 02:04 PM
We use Kraig Kelly at Explorer RV Insurance Agency in Richfield, OH. Their number is 1-888-774-6778. We've been happy with the service, responsiveness and the comparitive price for the company (National Interstate) & coverage they hooked us up with. Kraig can also be reached via e-mail at Kraig.Kelly@explorerrv.com .

gmcbuffalo
07-10-2010, 02:28 PM
I use Miller Insurance in Lake Oswego, OR. The owner used to have a bus called "Miller Time". So they know Prevosts and I get Progressive Ins. from them.
GregM

jack14r
07-10-2010, 03:52 PM
I use Miller also,their toll free number is 800-622-6347,I usually talk to Marlene.

truk4u
07-11-2010, 08:55 AM
Craig,

Give our Sponsor a call: http://www.explorerrv.com/

craiglenz
07-20-2010, 01:16 AM
Fellow Poggers,

I want to thank everyone who has helped me over the past couple of weeks. After spending the weekend at a campground in Bend Oregon and taking the coach for a Sunday afternoon tour of the gorgeous Bend area country side, we made a deal on the Angola this morning. The help Jon gave on the inspection was priceless and made me very comfortable I was making a totally informed decision. So two weeks from now we will return to take her home.

Thanks again everyone. The insurance also was taken care of by a local Insurance agent that actually was the best price of all the quotations i got from the referrals above. Fortunately it appears there is a real benefit from being from Saskatchewan. My insurance when I take the coach into Canada will be half of what Im paying now.

Looking forward to learning the coach and have to say Im getting much more than my moneys worth out of my POG membership already and Im just getting started.

Thanks again to everyone and especially our service guru Jon!

Craig