PDA

View Full Version : Used Parts Price

LarryB
06-07-2010, 11:11 PM
Can anyone help me with pricing for 2 Link 2000 controllers and 2 Freedom 25 inverters.[one inverter is repairable and currently not working as an inverter--charger is fine]

The worse possible--- a Friend wants to buy the package, I don't want to give the stuff away and I don't want to rip him either.

Thanks for the help,

Jon Wehrenberg
06-08-2010, 07:04 AM
I think it is reasonable to expect the price of the inverters to be in the $500 to $1000 range. Don't expect the repairs to be cheap. I think it may cost as much as $750 to repair the bad one, maybe a lot less if it is just the relay. The boards are very expensive if they are available at all.

LarryB
06-10-2010, 12:41 AM
Thanks for the reply Jon. Your comments give something to shoot for.

Jon Wehrenberg
06-10-2010, 06:55 AM
Larry,

On my inverters which may or may not be the same as yours there are two Potter Brumfield relays visible when you remove the cover. When I was dealing with my voltage variations which apparently were related to a cable issue (never did find the smoking gun) I spoke to Mr. Gusdorf an expert in inverters, and his advice was clean the inside because they collect dust. Check the relays, and if it is a board and not the relays consider buying a new inverter because the manufacturer has put an excessive price on replacement boards was his advice.

If it were me I would check those relays because a simple, relatively inexpensive fix may give you two saleable inverters, but as it stands now the defective one has very little value unless someone doesn't know a replacement board may cost $500 or more.

He did say the boards usually were very reliable.