PDA

View Full Version : Upper rear clearance lights not working on 2007 XL2

Benny
06-06-2010, 03:56 PM
I have a 2007/2006 XL2 and recently noticed that the 7 upper rear clearance lights are not working. I checked breaker and relay which seem to be functioning properly. Can anyone give me some direction?

Thank you,

Benny

garyde
06-06-2010, 08:30 PM
Hi Benny. Did you check the back relay box over the engine? Let us know what you find out.

grross
06-06-2010, 08:38 PM
When my upper marker lites went out they were full of water. I noticed they were out one night when I did a walk around after refueling. The fix was to remove and replace; breakers were fine. When I checked with Marathon about my problem they advised me this was not an uncommon with XL2. My XL45 never had this problem in the 6 years we had it.

dmatz
06-06-2010, 09:34 PM
I replaced all of my running lights last year there were a couple out on the rear. When I removed the old ones several were filled with water no so much the light but the molded fiberglass the fit into. I am sure it did not help the life of them. They are easy to take off and check for voltage. May just be the lights are done. They are made by truck lite.

gmcbuffalo
06-07-2010, 10:47 AM
Benny welcome aboard. If all the lites in that area are out I would think it ihas something to do in the wiring. below is a link to the wiring diagram and it looks like if there was a Circuit breaker issue more than those lites would be out. It looks like the common thing for those rear markers is connection 42 or their ground. Maybe the connector is apart or coroded or a bad ground. Doug's idea of checking the voltage at the lite socket is you best first step.

Greg
http://prevostparts.volvo.com/technicalpublications/pdf/D060994p9_1r7.pdf

Benny
06-14-2010, 12:27 PM
Wow! I am new to the POG and really appreciate the responses. I will start by checking voltage at the lights and then go from there with the other suggestions. I will report back as a progress.

Thank you all!

Benny Ellis

Benny
06-21-2010, 07:12 PM
Problem solved! I checked for voltage on the first of seven and found it to be just fine. After further inspection, I noticed that the coach had a black wire for ground and a yellow for hot. The light had a white wire for ground and a black for hot. The black was connected to black and the yellow to white. Rewired it correctly, black to white and yellow to black and it worked perfectly. Needless to say the other six were also wired incorrectly. Not sure it is a good idea for me to finger the guilty party, but if you are really curious give me a call and I will tell you. Benny, 480-983-9000.

I really appreciate all of the help!

Benny Ellis

dmatz
06-21-2010, 08:27 PM
Glad it all worked out and was simple. Good work

truk4u
06-21-2010, 09:35 PM
Benny,

Who's the Converter?

Gary & Peggy Stevens
06-24-2010, 05:21 PM
Now Tom...

Benny said to call him...... "Not sure it is a good idea for me to finger the guilty party, but if you are really curious give me a call and I will tell you. Benny, 480-983-9000." :D

Gary S.

Benny
06-25-2010, 06:57 PM
Tom, It was not the converter that caused the problem, but the converter was Legendary. BTW I have owned the coach for two years, and for the most part, I am very impressed with the conversion.

Thanks again to all for the help!