PDA

View Full Version : CMA Fanfair - Nashville, TN

aggies09
06-01-2010, 10:45 PM
Anyone headed to CMA Fanfair next week? We are headed that way on the 8th and are booked in at Jellystone.

hobobimmer
06-02-2010, 09:32 AM
Anyone headed to CMA Fanfair next week? We are headed that way on the 8th and are booked in at Jellystone.

Not planning to be at FanFair, but if you want to visit us we're three hours east. Would love you guys to visit. How long are you in Nash-vegas?

Eric and Debbie Faires
Huntsville, TN

Danss
06-02-2010, 03:07 PM
I also would like to come to fanfare, but I am saving my money to come when Jay is on stage!!!

aggies09
06-02-2010, 03:26 PM
I am actually going to get the lay of the land so that I will know my way around when I go back to see Jay. This is our first time to this event so we don't really know what to expect.

Eric, we are in Nashville from the evening of the 9th through Sunday the 13th. Would love to come by on this trip, but have a meeting back in Texas on the morning of the 15th, so I will have to pass on this go around. You are on my top ten stops in the southeast; I just have to create more time.

If anyone has been to this event, I would be interested in hearing any do's and don'ts.

hobobimmer
06-03-2010, 10:39 PM
I also would like to come to fanfare, but I am saving my money to come when Jay is on stage!!!

Fun music stuff in Jay Faires world. He will not be at FanFair, but he played four songs in two performances of a local play called Prom Nights about 6 weeks ago (about 100 attendees each night). Following week he played at a cancer survivors dinner for about 100 people. Following week he played at a County Mayor Candidate fundraiser for about 75 people (his first paying gig). Following week he played at Relay For Life event at local park (hundreds of attendees). Following week he played Friday night downtown Huntsville for local four wheeler event. Saturday night he opened up for Rhett Akins at the "White Knuckle" event for about 5000 people. Yes, that's right. 5000 people. Then the next act didn't have their lead singer show up, so Jay sat in and played lead guitar, a fair bit of rhythm guitar, and sang back up vocals. He rocked the mountain. Jay looked like he had played with the band for ten years, but that was his first time. Next known gig is 6/19 near Greenville, SC for a Pilots N Paws event.

So, this bragging dad tells Jay's recent performance list. Thank you Tony and Dan for confidence in Jay someday (probably soon) appearing at FanFair in Nashville. This Thursday we're off to Bonaroo Music Festival in middle Tennessee for three days of dust and music. This should be good learning opportunity for Jay. Good night all from beautiful East TN.

Eric Faires
Huntsville, TN

michaeldterry
06-04-2010, 12:12 PM
Fun music stuff in Jay Faires world. He will not be at FanFair, but he played four songs in two performances of a local play called Prom Nights about 6 weeks ago (about 100 attendees each night). Following week he played at a cancer survivors dinner for about 100 people. Following week he played at a County Mayor Candidate fundraiser for about 75 people (his first paying gig). Following week he played at Relay For Life event at local park (hundreds of attendees). Following week he played Friday night downtown Huntsville for local four wheeler event. Saturday night he opened up for Rhett Akins at the "White Knuckle" event for about 5000 people. Yes, that's right. 5000 people. Then the next act didn't have their lead singer show up, so Jay sat in and played lead guitar, a fair bit of rhythm guitar, and sang back up vocals. He rocked the mountain. Jay looked like he had played with the band for ten years, but that was his first time. Next known gig is 6/19 near Greenville, SC for a Pilots N Paws event.

So, this bragging dad tells Jay's recent performance list. Thank you Tony and Dan for confidence in Jay someday (probably soon) appearing at FanFair in Nashville. This Thursday we're off to Bonaroo Music Festival in middle Tennessee for three days of dust and music. This should be good learning opportunity for Jay. Good night all from beautiful East TN.

Eric Faires
Huntsville, TN

Eric - this is exciting stuff! You have every right to acting the part of the proud papa!