PDA

View Full Version : Campground info in PA needed

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
05-30-2010, 11:07 PM
Does anyone have any knowledge of Enola, PA? I am told it is near Harrisburg. My daughter/son-in-law are there for a few weeks prior to their new base at Ft. Meade, MD. (Closer than Iraq and Hawaii). We plan on going up that way for the 4th of July. If anyone has knowledge of the area, will you please help us out here with possible campgrounds in the area. I know of one in Gettysburg, but closer to Enola would be better.
Thanks in advance.
Sandy:)

phorner
05-31-2010, 08:17 AM
We have stayed at Hershey Park and it was fine, although I don't know how far away it is from Enola. Hershey is just east of Harrisburg.

Loc
05-31-2010, 08:20 AM
Sandy,

Enola is a suburb of Harrisburg right on the Susquehanna River. The only campground that I could find in Harrisburg is called Harrisburg East Campground. Here is the website: http://www.hbgeastcampground.com/index.htm. There is also a state park called Gifford Pinchot State Park that is south of Harrisburg by about 10 miles. Here is their website: http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/parks/giffordpinchot.aspx. It says they have 50 amp power, but I would want to call and make sure. Their is also a Thousand Trails camprgound in Dover if you are a member.

Gary Carmichael
05-31-2010, 08:47 AM
Capt, Hershey Park on outskirts of Harrisburg ask for sites 220 to 240 this is the outside loop in the so called pull thrus, I was there last week pull in but you will more than liklely have to back out because of low tree branches park was full then. Reservations ASAP! for the 4th Nice place family oriented. Gary 2005 H3-45 Liberty

merle&louise
05-31-2010, 09:00 AM
Sandy,

We stayed in Hershey Meadow RV Park twice; the first time was in the front of the park where the pull thrus are and second time was in the back of the park. The back of the park is not designed for big rigs. It was uneven and a challenge to back into.

You want to be in the pull thru sites: 215, 216, 217, 222, 223, 225, 226-229. I got this info from Big Rigs Best Bets FWIW. If you can't get a reservation for one of these sites I would look elsewhere. The back part of this park was not good; weak electric service, noisey kids everywhere, and uneven sites.

That state park that Loc mentioned sounds good to me. I like to stay in state parks; that's camping!

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
06-01-2010, 07:49 PM
Thank you all very much for the info.