PDA

View Full Version : Ceiling Light

jimshoen
05-23-2010, 01:19 PM
How is the bezel removed from these Marathon installed ceiling, puck lights?

Sid Tuls
05-23-2010, 02:35 PM
They just pop off. Just do it slow so you don't drop the glass lens. Then after you replace the bulb it pops right back on. If they are on snug I just slide a credit card on the side to open it a little so I can get my finger under it to pop it off.

Neal&Carla
05-23-2010, 10:05 PM
My ceiling lights look very similar. The bezel twists counter clockwise to remove. Some were so tight I had to use rubber to grip enough to turn.
FWIW--we had one explode recently, they get very hot. We are looking into replacing the halogen.

sawdust_128
05-23-2010, 11:33 PM
Mine are key-notched and twist as well.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
05-24-2010, 09:29 AM
Mine also twist counter clockwise to remove the small nipples from the slots on the underside.

However, the previous owner had problems with some of them continuing to fall out, so he siliconed them into place. Lucky for me I guess ?

Gary S.

Jon Wehrenberg
05-24-2010, 12:35 PM
Jim,

Just to mess with your head, my lights which look like those shown are held in place via a spring wire "keeper". I just have to grab them and pull straight down.

sawdust_128
05-24-2010, 05:27 PM
As usual, there are a lot of right answers. As I have always believed, standards are a good thing, that's why everyone has some of their own.

merle&louise
05-24-2010, 06:19 PM
Jim,

Mine look exactly like yours. Turn the bezel counter clockwise and it will come off. Be sure to use a rubber glove when handling the 10 watt halogen bulb. The rubber glove is also handy for removing/reinstalling the bezel. If you can't get the new 10 watt bulb plugged back in try to remove the back of the fixture by popping the back plate off. Now you can install the halogen bulb easily.

jimshoen
05-26-2010, 10:25 AM
They turn counter clockwise about 1/8 turn.
Must push up on them firmly while turning to disengage the three tabs.