PDA

View Full Version : Need a remote?

ToyMan
05-23-2010, 12:15 PM
I am getting rid of some older remotes that were in my coach. I realize that most of these are obsolete but, who knows, someone might be able use them.

Just send me a PM and I will send you the remote(s).

Jamie Bradford
05-23-2010, 08:57 PM
That is very nice of you!!!!

Do you happen to have anything a bit more modern like an ABACUS??????

I only joke because I , too , have remotes on the bus that look like they controlled George Jefferson's Betamax???

Jamie

Jon Wehrenberg
05-24-2010, 07:13 AM
You technology snobs will never appreciate the skill levels involved in getting up off your butts to adjust the rabbit ears, and then work on the vertical hold. Changing volume actually required you to turn a knob and the channel selector to pick one of the three stations (if you lived near or in a big city, less if not) required you to turn another knob that made a clicking sound that was as loud as a 22 caliber rifle shot.

When you were really skilled you got to adjust the contrast and brightness.

And when you just couldn't get the picture to clear up you pulled the tubes out of the back of the set and went down to the drug store and tested them in the machine they had just for that purpose, and if one tested bad they would sell you a new one.

My VCRs blink 12:00, and that is the highest technology I can handle.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
05-24-2010, 09:25 AM
Jon, Look at it this way: Your VCR has the correct time twice a day. :D

Gary S.

merle&louise
05-24-2010, 06:25 PM
I remember when my Dad bought a device that would turn the antenna outside. We could not only receive the 3 stations in New Orleans but also could get 2 of the Baton Rouge stations. Man, we were living hi on the hog!

Woody
05-24-2010, 07:33 PM
I remember when my Dad bought a device that would turn the antenna outside. We could not only receive the 3 stations in New Orleans but also could get 2 of the Baton Rouge stations. Man, we were living hi on the hog!

How about when i bought a device that rotated red, green and yellow (i think) panels in front of a B & W set to make you think you had color.

garyde
05-24-2010, 11:49 PM
There was a time when my family all sat down to watch TV when there were no remotes but a somewhat democratic process in which was determined which show to watch. Ed Sullivan on Sunday night was the best. Walter Cronkite on the evening News, that was a different era.
Now, there is 1.5 TV's to every person in a family and everyone watches their own show seperately, or TIVO's the program for another time. I'm not sure we have made much progress however.

JIM KELLER
05-26-2010, 07:16 AM
Ron, If any of those remotes will work the "fast forward" on Jon's 8 track stereo player send it to him. And send me the bill.

Jeff Bayley
05-26-2010, 08:06 AM
I'm pretty sure that I can use the RCA all the way on the right. We are going back to where the bus is parked in PA today to carry forward with more traveling and i can double check it then.

ToyMan
05-26-2010, 02:12 PM
Jeff,
Let me know. I will send it to you.
Ron

parksincpp
05-26-2010, 11:29 PM
You need to stay in mental and physical shape as you get older. Come on .............it's a race. You gotta keep up. I Pads, IPODs, cell phones, tivo or dvr's, kindle's, and don't get me started on how my brand new laptop is allready outdated. I try to continue to learn, even if all of my questions on how something works makes me sound like an idiot. Personally I love my dvr, laptop, aircard and cell phones. Can't imagine living without any of them. Just hope I'll be ready and able to comprehend what the latest and greatest will be when it comes out tommorow.