PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Macerator Pump (older vintage)

truk4u
05-19-2010, 09:33 PM
I removed my Macerator Pump and confirmed my suspicion the impeller was bad. I called Jabsco and gave them my pump number, 18590-0000 and they gave me a part number, 6303-0003-P for a new impeller and gaskets. Went to West Marine for the part, but the new impeller's won't fit the older pumps.

The old impellers are no longer available, so you have to buy a new pump. The replacement pump is a 18590-2092 and I found one locally for 124.00.

Pump
Old Impeller (or whats left of it)
New style Impeller

rfoster
05-19-2010, 09:53 PM
Truk: Is that the same poop pump that didn't work at the Keller Compound about a year plus ago? About time you got that fixed.

Jon Wehrenberg
05-20-2010, 06:51 AM
I believe that is the Flying J alternative. At $10 or $5 per dump it will not be long before he has paid for that pump and is actually making money with it.

I refuse to follow the big green bus in a caravan.

truk4u
05-20-2010, 08:59 AM
King - That be the one! I finally realized it was the impeller since you were unable to get a flow going by sucking on the end of that hose at Kamp Keller.:p

Mr. Wehrenberg - You WOULD be following the green machine as that big 8V flexes it's muscle and the Macerator button is close at hand.:o

BrianE
05-20-2010, 12:31 PM
Tom, You must have a lot of time on your hands or grinding poop must have become a compulsive desire. I happen to know that pump was totally buried above the holding tank. How about some access and time info for other wannabe Liberty poop pumpers.

Jon Wehrenberg
05-20-2010, 03:17 PM
Obviously Truk is using the macerator pump to provide an additional jet assist boost to his anemic 2 cycle motor that uses half its horsepower to compress air and blow it out the exhaust.

truk4u
05-20-2010, 08:30 PM
Brian,

It was nothing like the water heater project, but did take about an hour to get the pump out. If my arms were 1" shorter, I couldn't have done it. The cabinetry and some of the plumbing had to be removed, but it wasn't bad since all the piping has flexible hose connections with clamps. I'll try to get a picture up tomorrow with all the parts removed.

The good news, is now I can park at the bottom of Jon's driveway and pump fertilizer up hill to his garden while he's off hauling dogs.:cool:

hhoppe
05-21-2010, 10:00 AM
Truk: Does that pump reach the bottom of the tank or does it have an extension for that purpose. Has anyone found a good source for a flexible discharge hose for the macerator that can be used in lieu of the large gravity discharge hose.
Some newer Plastic Coaches have these small flexible 1" hoses that can be rolled up and stored in the tank area,

ajducote
05-21-2010, 10:14 AM
Has anyone found a good source for a flexible discharge hose for the macerator that can be used in lieu of the large gravity discharge hose.
Some newer Plastic Coaches have these small flexible 1" hoses that can be rolled up and stored in the tank area,

Here are 2 sources

http://www.emptythetanks.com/order_online.htm

http://www.maceratorpumps.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1

truk4u
05-21-2010, 09:27 PM
Harry - The pick-up tube is on the outside of the tank, but it's mounted real low, so I assume it will get most of the goodies out of the tank.

My new pump came today and the instructions state the discharge tube must be a minimum of 1".:( Liberty plumbed the discharge with 3/4" copper, so not sure how long the pump will last when used often. I wouldn't use anything smaller than a 3/4' hose.

Andre - Good source, the Sani-Con hose is real expensive so the other site had some good prices for 1" hose.

truk4u
05-23-2010, 09:23 AM
This is mainly for Brian, but I know the CC guys will be most interested! Your CC did come with a macerator pump, right?

Finished the macerator pump job and it works like a champ. I also rigged up a holding tank spray rinse that replaces that big ugly plug you have to remove to rinse the tank and level sensors.

The pump is attached to the top of the bay above the holding tank

Much of this has to be removed in order to just barely reach the pump

The clear hose attached to the tank rinse replacing the big plug with two shut offs

BrianE
05-23-2010, 12:53 PM
Very sanitary Tom. :rolleyes: The old girl still looks terrific after 16 years. She's obviously in the hands of an obsessive, compulsive nitpicker. Ya still polish yer sheep boots?

Jon Wehrenberg
05-23-2010, 03:42 PM
JDUB has the boots, Truk has the sheep.

truk4u
05-23-2010, 08:40 PM
I would like to point out that I bought it from a obsessive, compulsive nitpicker.:rolleyes:

JIM KELLER
05-26-2010, 07:25 AM
This is a sick group. Over 300 views of " poop pumping."

BrianE
05-26-2010, 10:27 AM
PP's would be appalled.....I like it.:p

AprilWhine
11-24-2010, 11:38 PM
Harry - The pick-up tube is on the outside of the tank, but it's mounted real low, so I assume it will get most of the goodies out of the tank.

My new pump came today and the instructions state the discharge tube must be a minimum of 1".:( Liberty plumbed the discharge with 3/4" copper, so not sure how long the pump will last when used often. I wouldn't use anything smaller than a 3/4' hose.

Andre - Good source, the Sani-Con hose is real expensive so the other site had some good prices for 1" hose.

We have an Oberdorfer macerator pump #209M. It needed in the past job we had, as we parked in industrial areas without sewage hookups. It calls for minimum of 1" hose, however I have used it sucessfully with 150 feet of industrial garden hose, 2 75' lengths. I kept a close watch on the motor temp, and had no problems with it.

I know this thread is about dead, but someone may do a search next year, and had to put in my two cents worth.
Jim