PDA

View Full Version : Prevost Phone Evacuation Preventer

Loc
05-12-2010, 07:21 PM
I am looking for a stampede strap or other device (think chain on a pen at a bank) to keep a cell phone from getting sucked out of the small driver's side window on Prevost buses. I hear this is a real problem with H3-45 models given the significant vacuum effect of a large plastic mass at speed. I am thinking of setting up a kiosk on I-40 to sell some form of Prevost Phone Evacuation Preventer as I hear this is an area of greatest danger.

truk4u
05-12-2010, 09:17 PM
I think the Government gig has finally caused Loc to snap!:p

Jerry Winchester
05-12-2010, 10:31 PM
No Krakman, I think he is on to something. I am thinking about marketing a big foam block that can be wrapped around your phone so when you set it next to the driver's storm window (while opened) it could save you an embarassing e-mail to your buddies on why they can't get hold of you on the phone.

I like the stampede string option or maybe a velcro wrist strap with suitable tether. Or a big ass rubber band.

garyde
05-12-2010, 10:49 PM
How about leaving the window closed. Or maybe just down half way. There's an idea.

GDeen
05-12-2010, 10:56 PM
Does this happen predominantly to guys in the restaurant business?

Kevin Erion
05-12-2010, 11:27 PM
Sounds like an H3 problem, my phone won't fit out the dinky little XLII Toll window. Oh, I forgot to mention I still use a "bag phone". The latest in high tech stuff!

Jon Wehrenberg
05-13-2010, 06:54 AM
Now I know why they make phones with cords. Perhaps some type of arrangment where a string can be run from the phone, up one sleeve and down the other (like kids used to have so their mittens would not get lost) and a GPS could be attached on the other end.

That way the owner would have both available with no concern about open windows sucking them out.

truk4u
05-13-2010, 07:35 AM
Now that I have the Rest of the Story, Loc Nest could be up for a Patent Pending deal!

Jon Wehrenberg
05-13-2010, 03:34 PM
If Mango is reading this maybe he will agree. There are times when I can get careless, or worse make a stupid decision. But if my brain is getting enough oxygen I give consideration to the matter at hand and try to think how a summary of what happened would read on an internet forum or in the morning newspaper. That alone has helped me prevent a lot of dumb things from happening.

But when something really dumb happens, something hard for people to imagine, much less believe, I make it a point to never ever reveal or admit to the faux pas. (That's French for dumb ass stunt). A good example is while there may have been rumors, I never admitted to shutting down a Florida highway.

So here we seem to have someone stick a tiny little itty bitty cell phone next to a teeny weeny bus window, and said itty bitty phone flies out of said teeny weeny window. Sucked right out.

I think we can all admit that was not a smart thing to do, but on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the least smart) telling someone who was sure to spread the word on various forums, and make sure everyone in the civilized world knows about it had to rate as an 11.

rfoster
05-13-2010, 08:06 PM
Third world countries too!

Loc
05-14-2010, 08:25 AM
To Jon's point - why would Mango tell JDUB who is sure to tell me and others and then the cascade of crap starts flowing.

hobobimmer
05-14-2010, 10:25 AM
Maybe Mango is trying to help Jim Skiff by doing everything in his power to keep POG readers actively reading the forum. Just a thought.:)

Deb

Jim Skiff
05-14-2010, 11:44 AM
MUST READ ARTICLE RELATING TO CELL PHONES

Please click here to read important story relating to this thread! (http://www.prevost-stuff.com/science_behind_spate_of_cell_pho.htm)

MangoMike
05-14-2010, 12:11 PM
http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/asset.php?fid=6607&uid=4&d=1273853302

I've now switched to this, "too big for the window" model.

It's also a testament to the power of OTR, as everything was fine until I turned it on.

...Also I'm amazed that someone who's company was recently bought out by a gizbillion $ company has time to relay such fodder. He should be attending to all those new stockholders.

mm

MangoMike
05-14-2010, 12:18 PM
MUST READ ARTICLE RELATING TO CELL PHONES

Please click here to read important story relating to this thread! (http://www.prevost-stuff.com/science_behind_spate_of_cell_pho.htm)

Someone has way too much time on their hands.

Next time I'm keeping my mouth shut.

...but it did make me laugh.

JIM CHALOUPKA
05-14-2010, 06:41 PM
It's obvious now, according to the article, why they are called FLIP PHONES:rolleyes:

JIM:p

Loc
05-14-2010, 07:02 PM
Tropical Fruit,

I was going to call you to get the real story, but alas you have no phone. Perhaps some smoke signals from the BBQ trailer would work. JDUB says some quarters and a pay phone might come in handy. I hear the I-Phone from Verizon is coming out later this summer - in the meantime how about two empty bean cans and a piece of string.

Good Luck at the Memphis in May contest. Eat more pork!

MangoMike
05-14-2010, 08:22 PM
Well Loc I can't thank you enough for starting this thread.

I don't think I'll get another phone. Please write.

TP

truk4u
05-14-2010, 09:17 PM
Loc,

I made the mistake once of asking Tropical Fruit if I could borrow his cell phone and this is what happened!

truk4u
05-14-2010, 09:41 PM
This picture of Tropical Fruit was taken as he looked into a magnifying mirror getting ready to trim his nose hairs. Also, the Red Bull had worn off.

MangoMike
05-14-2010, 10:41 PM
Not quite.

This is a self portrait which I had taken with his camera after I stole my way into his bus after guessing the door code. He didn't discover it until much later when he downloaded the pixs after a POG Rally.

Ask him about the flashlight I left in the drawer.

TP

Loc
05-15-2010, 06:22 AM
Tropical Fruit,

No need to thank me. I am just doing my part. I know you will reciprocate at the first opportunity. I am going to ask Skiff if we can raise money for a new Phruit Phone (maybe on of those banana looking novety phones - that would be really a-peel-ing) at the POG rally this October.

Hope the BBQing is going well.

Pete
05-17-2010, 12:22 PM
Mike.....go ahead and tell. I found out you were doing destructive testing for the phone manufacturer, so "fess up"