PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Door Closures

Richard Barnes
05-05-2010, 07:06 PM
I have a couple of broken closet door closures (black plastic) and need to replace them. Can anyone tell me where to get them? Sorry but I don't have a picture of them and no camera with me.

sawdust_128
05-05-2010, 08:17 PM
Not to be silly about this, but there are probably about 100 million answers without that picture.

travelite
05-05-2010, 08:54 PM
Just a guess, but do you mean these:

http://www.southco.com/class/c3-grabber-catch-latches-7399.html

I think they can also be bought at McMaster-Carr

Sid Tuls
05-05-2010, 09:49 PM
That what I have in my coach. You can also get them at Camping World.

Richard Barnes
05-05-2010, 11:40 PM
Thanks David, your guess is "spot on" as a British friend of mine would say. Thanks to all for your quick reply. I'll order these tomorrow.

sawdust_128
05-06-2010, 12:09 AM
Look on-line for a place named Reid Suppy (?) I believe that they have them for about $4.00 each. Beware, It doesn't pay to order one as the shipping starts at around $7.50.

JIM CHALOUPKA
05-06-2010, 06:44 AM
Richard, I have found there are two sizes of that latch. I call one "standard" and one "heavy duty".

They look the same at a glance, but on close examination there are subtle differences that will not allow parts of each to mix in use with the other.

My point with this is; replace both parts of the latch assembly together and be prepared to drill new screw holes if needed.

Miss adjustment of the latch is often the cause of failure and usually to the "hook" component.

You will feel proud and have a feeling of accomplishment when you have successfully installed and adjusted these latch types. If you screw it up you are well on your way in the down hill spiral of do it your self coach maintenance. :cool: :p

Just KIDDING :D JIM

JIM

Seabyrd
07-05-2010, 12:15 PM
They have them on Ebay.. you can buy both pieces or just one side..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250471560223&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Above is the link for the part that is usually broken.. I hope this is what you are looking for. good luck

michaeldterry
07-05-2010, 04:41 PM
They have them on Ebay.. you can buy both pieces or just one side..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250471560223&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Above is the link for the part that is usually broken.. I hope this is what you are looking for. good luck

Seabyrd - I see that your POG join date is today, so let me be the first to welcome you to the asylum! I hope you will join in where ever the mood strikes you, ask any questions you may have, and conversely - give us the benefit of any experience/expertise you posess regarding Prevost conversions in particular and buses in general! For starters, please tell us a bit about yourself and your current coach (or if you're shopping for a coach, tell us what you may be looking for). The more you tell us, the less we'll have to make up! :p In all seriousness, if you are looking for Prevost information, experience, expertise, or opinions - you've come to the right place! Between the members and our sponsors, there's not much that someone can't tell you, advise you on, or help you with concerning a Prevost conversion!

If you have a love of Prevosts, a thick skin, a somewhat warped sense of humor, and the ability to give as good as you get, you'll get along fine with this bunch of misfits! Bottom line - jump in and have fun!