PDA

View Full Version : Opening windows - looking for the mechanical ones to replace the power

perpendicular
05-04-2010, 07:57 PM
We have an 2000 XL II Angola and do not like the power movement of the opening windows at all. One has failed and another is starting to. With all the dry camping the windows need to be open whenever possible.

Does anyone know how to retrofit the good old Prevost openers? The ones that you turn to unlock, push the rod out a little bit and then pull it back so the window locks into an open position?

Anyone want to trade their older mechanisms for these new ones ;)

I appreciate any insight I can get on this.

Paul

garyde
05-04-2010, 10:53 PM
Hi Paul. As I understand it, the windows are very expensive to replace let alone change to a different application. You should call Prevost to see whats involved.

perpendicular
05-06-2010, 09:05 AM
According to Prevost, the manufacturer of the mechanisms went out of business over 3 years ago (for the Prevost brand ones, not the third party ones) and they have not found a suitable replacement as of yet. What parts that are available (not much) they are very expensive. Just the motor - if it can be found - is over $800. This thing will fit in the palm of your hand. From what I have heard, they go bad because they aren't used and lubricated enough. I will be taking the two working units completely apart to clean and lubricate them so that we don't have an issue in the future with these.

I am hoping I can find a wrecked unit to scavenge the mechanisms off of at this point :(