PDA

View Full Version : Wet Bra Problem, and by the way itis the one on the bus!

Gary Carmichael
05-04-2010, 12:48 PM
Just got home, Floyd Va. from prevost in goodletsville Tn Poured rain on way back,stayed overnight in severville Tn. Well i forgot to take the bra off the front. Got home removed the bra lookslike paint is lighter in a few places, almost like a ring that a wet glass would leave on wood. I called troy at liberty he said to let it set in the sun it would go away. has any body had this problem, been raining since I returned so have left the bus in garage, any body have ideas I am open for suggestions thanks Gary, bus 2005 Liberty H3-45

Jon Wehrenberg
05-04-2010, 02:32 PM
Gary,

I cannot speak to the issue of how a wet bra impacts paint color, I can say over time a bra may prevent dings, but it definitely rubs through the finish of both the painted surfaces and polished steel surface. This is due I believe to dust and dirt getting between the bra and the bus and the slight movement of the bra rubbing on the adjacent surface.

The Country Coach folks will soon be all over this thread pointing out the benefits of driving a bus with a milky white plastic shield that looks something like a cow catcher on an old locomotive.

Gary Carmichael
05-04-2010, 03:18 PM
Yes Jon I have been there and had one 2002 intriuge. by the way the paint is not hurt nor the finish just the area that looks sort of faded, Gary

campers
05-04-2010, 04:39 PM
A Bra is nice to prevent dents and cracks. But it is a pain when the bra gets wet. More....when you leave a wet bra on the coach, it will trigger "airpockets" or so called "blasters" in the paint, due to a chemical reaction and a paint job will be the next step to repair it. Mr. Troy from Liberty is right. Get the spots dry a.s.a.p so the air will be gone in between the layers of paint.
We have seen many coaches with this problem and we don't want to spend the money for a bra. We do feel sorry when we get a little dent or a chip and can understand the feelings from others too. But we think that a bra is a no...no... besides.......to prevent the windshields, we would not put a bra on that item,.... right? And..; agree with John; a plastic shield is very ugly.

truk4u
05-04-2010, 08:37 PM
I disagree... If the bra is used properly, removed when in the rain, felt kept clean, dry and free of dirt, the bra does a great job protecting the front end. Also, never leave it on in the hot sun.

GDeen
05-04-2010, 08:52 PM
No bra in the rain -always my favorite combo....

aggies09
05-04-2010, 10:00 PM
I am with Gordon..................And I would do whatever Troy Moody told me to do..............I drive with a bra on, (not an extremely pretty site), but always take off immediately upon stopping driving regardless of weather conditions. No problems so far............

garyde
05-04-2010, 10:27 PM
The Bra works great in bad weather, especially when following a semi in wet weather. Construction areas, gravel laden trucks, and certainly bugs. Hot and warm weather its very important to get it off at the end of the day. Cold weather over night, not so much. I have a 3M shield as well so I don't always use it. But I do remember seeing the white haze and it does fade away if you get the Bra off soon enough.

phorner
05-05-2010, 08:42 AM
The Bra works great in bad weather, especially when following a semi in wet weather. Construction areas, gravel laden trucks, and certainly bugs. Hot and warm weather its very important to get it off at the end of the day. Cold weather over night, not so much. I have a 3M shield as well so I don't always use it. But I do remember seeing the white haze and it does fade away if you get the Bra off soon enough.

I used to be pretty good at getting a bra off quickly in my younger days.

These days not so much......

Jim Skiff
05-05-2010, 08:54 AM
Paul,

I have a new found respect for you!

Jim

Gary Carmichael
05-07-2010, 05:46 PM
The bras are easier to remove now than they were a few years ago or maybe I am not as nervous! Gary C