PDA

View Full Version : Denver

PLSNTVLE2
05-04-2010, 09:13 AM
We will need to be in Denver next week for our sons National Lacrosse Championship.

Any ideas for a good resort. I will probably have the stacker trailer and will need some good swinging room.

Lower elevation preferred. I heard they may have some snow showers..... Thanks, Terry

Coloradobus
05-04-2010, 11:41 AM
Hi Terry, what dates will you and Kris be in Denver. Call me 303-907-4746

Neal&Carla
05-04-2010, 08:55 PM
We have stayed at Dakota Ridge in Golden. Very nice. I would think you would not have trouble getting in and out, but make sure the office knows you have a stacker. Every site may not be accessible. DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT stay at the Prospect RV. We stayed there with our Monaco--Carla would not leave our dogs to go to dinner because it was so bad.

Larry W
05-04-2010, 11:43 PM
Our choice in Denver is Chatfield State Park. The newest section has pull throughs that you will fit with your stacker. Not every site will work. 50 amp, free wi-fi and paved streets and pads. If you do go there don't pull into the registration office. We park in the street and walk the 30 yards to the office. Weekends do get busy but May is early for most to be full.

rahangman
05-05-2010, 12:57 AM
Likewise with Larry W, we recently stayed on the S East side of town at Cherry Creek State Park. Very similar to Chatfield, but different part of town to be in. Easy in/out. Take your pick but call now as summertime, especially weekends it is crowded. Close to good eats & shopping & easy to DIA. About the snow, this time of year it is a toss up. Don't worry though, it can snow 8 inches overnight and be gone by noon, the next day. Do call Jim "Coloradobus" not only a good contact but a most gracious,knowledgeable host.

PLSNTVLE2
05-05-2010, 09:16 AM
Okay, thanks..
I did talk to Jim yesterday and he gave me the inside on what is around the area also.

Thanks again,