PDA

View Full Version : Level-Low/HWI

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
05-03-2010, 02:56 PM
I will have to say that buying another coach and then another year and model is quite an education. Question, on the XLII with HWI does this system tend to leak past the level-Low? Our new coach leaks down in the front only, either with the level Low engaged or not. Have not read up on the HWI as too much work in other areas, but will have to address it soon. Suggestions?

Jon Wehrenberg
05-03-2010, 07:12 PM
Ed,

Regardless of how the converter set up the level low to automate or to provide other features the 5 port Norgren in the steer bay should "lock" air in the front air bags. The HWH system should not be active key off.

If you are leaking down I believe air is leaking from the air bags, fittings, 5 port, either through it or past the spool out the ends, or possibly through the valves, but I believe that might mean the 3 port in the steer bay is also leaking. FWIW, at one time Roger's bus (now Jim's) was sagging in the front and we found both the five and three port were leaking.

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
05-04-2010, 10:06 AM
Thanks Jon, guess not any different than the XL troubleshooting.

Jon Wehrenberg
05-04-2010, 02:27 PM
Same old, same old.

wmoureau
06-29-2010, 10:56 AM
i have a 1997 liberty the front will not come up at all the lower pressure gauge will only register 50 lbs. there are 3 very small air lines near gas pedal 1 leaks bad ,my question is where do these lines start and where do they stop wmoureau

truk4u
06-29-2010, 12:48 PM
When you say the lower gauge, I assume you are referring to either an aux pressure gauge on the dash or the gauge in the steering compartment. If you have an aux air leak that bad, you may never get enough air built up to bring the bus to road height and since the front is low, there are probably other issues like the ride height coil in the steering bay, part of the 5 port Norgren. The brake tank gauges have nothing to do with the suspension. I have no small airlines on mine near the throttle pedal, but since they're small, they may run to the floor slide, seat, front shutters (if you have them) or a host of other aux air sources.

Sounds like you have two separate issues, an aux air leak and a suspension problem. I would first attack the air leak and then we can help with the suspension. Jon has a 97 and he'll jump in here at some point and maybe he has the same setup. Is yours a classic or elegant lady?

Welcome aboard, I didn't see your name anywhere...

wmoureau
06-29-2010, 01:41 PM
yes it is lower gauge on dash ,i think it is a classic? the 3 tubes are only maybe 1/16 inch i only have air slide ,air lock air and air seat i noticed where a mouse has bittened the tube .so i know i will have to replace that one ,but cannot tell where they start or stop wmoureau

Gary Carmichael
06-29-2010, 06:01 PM
Jon, are you in the Knoxville area? I will be in that area July 14-28 for my wife to go to the quilt show she is a quilter and loves this show. I will stay at Twin Rivers Park, turn by the smoky mountain knife works. I have some questions about level-low etc, maybe we could meet for breakfast or lunch? let me know if this might be feasible, You would be the first POG member that I have met in person. Thanks, Gary

Ray Davis
06-29-2010, 06:22 PM
Gary, if your wife is a quilter, have her get together with my wife at POG9 in Kerrville. We're driving to Paduccah KY just to go to quilt stuff, on the way to Texas. FROM California!!

Gary Carmichael
06-29-2010, 06:46 PM
Ray, we have been thinking about that I believe its in Oct? we could go on to florida from there. Frankly I dont know why Im not on the road now, megan is trying to get use to her quilting machine sort of like the guys and their toys. I go to the motor home barn and sit in the coach every day Im ready! hope to see you and your wife and some of the rest of this group I can see a lot of hands on experience in this group. Gary

Ray Davis
06-29-2010, 08:25 PM
Indeed it is in October. If I remember correctly it's Oct 8-14. Current plan for us is to arrive in Paduccah KY on September 27th, for a couple of days, then moving on down to Nashville.

truk4u
06-29-2010, 08:41 PM
Gary,

I believe Jon will be in Maine for the Lobsta Fest on those dates.

Gary Carmichael
06-30-2010, 08:09 AM
Truk, thanks I will be back in that area later in the summer, maybe I can catch Jon then.

Jon Wehrenberg
07-05-2010, 02:54 PM
Gary,

We are between trips but I can meet if you would like. We leave again on 7/17 so the earlier the better. I will be in the dog house if I am not available to load bus.

Let me know via email or PM when and where you will be and let's set something up. The short version of the leveling system operation is when the key is off, the leveling system (not to be confused with the aux air system) should have air "locked" in the air bags by the three five port valves regardless of who the converter is, or if there are additional leveling systems such as HWH.

Gary Carmichael
07-05-2010, 11:16 PM
Jon, I will be in Severville, July 14th till the 19-20th My cell is 910-520-2607. You tell me what is good for you as I am flexible.

Jon Wehrenberg
07-06-2010, 07:22 AM
14th best, 15th OK, 16th and beyond cannot do.

Gary Carmichael
07-06-2010, 06:12 PM
Jon, 14th it is, what time is good for you and where?

Jon Wehrenberg
07-06-2010, 06:59 PM
Gary, Two options....meet at your bus so we can deal with specifics, or at my house to visit in the pit under my bus. I can't remember your type chassis or the converter so my bus may not be directly applicable. From the pit you will have total access to the entire underside of the coach in case you have never done so.

Jon

Gary Carmichael
07-07-2010, 12:09 PM
Jon, 2005 Liberty h3-45, if the same as yours we can meet at the pit. If not at the RV park. Thanks Gary

Jon Wehrenberg
07-07-2010, 06:53 PM
For suspension design the fundamentals are the same with the following exceptions. You have IFS and I have a solid axle. You have fast acting ride height valves I have time delay ride height valves. You have an accumulator tank dedicated to each air bag I have none.

Having said that, none of that will be seen by looking at your coach in an RV park. The only area of the entire suspension system we will be able to see is the components in the steer compartment, and those air bags and valves visible by lifting your rear axle fender skirts.

The suspension system controlling solenoid valves and four of the Norgren spool valves are visible in each of our steer compartments and unless I am not up to speed on design changes, yours and mine should be identical.

You decide which you think will help you the most. I'm OK with your choice.

Gary Carmichael
07-08-2010, 12:45 PM
Jon , Give me some directions, and I will come to you 10:30 AM ok? July 14th Thanks, Gary

Jon Wehrenberg
07-08-2010, 01:02 PM
Gary,

I am sending a PM with directions.

Gary Carmichael
07-08-2010, 07:40 PM
Jon, got them see you on14th at 10:30