PDA

View Full Version : Strange electrical issue

Chris and Debbie Yates
10-04-2006, 08:57 PM
This makes no sense, the bus has been sitting in it's garage for about a week. Tonight I notice that the running lights on the front, rear and amidships are on. This despite the fact that the engine batteries are turned off. I think that Prevost were playing with the alarm system last week and I wondered if that may be the root of the problem. Also Debbie has been cleaning feverishly and she may have hit a switch I am not aware of.

Any ideas?

Chris.

dalej
10-04-2006, 09:14 PM
Yea, I bet Debbie done it!:) Wifes do that sort of thing so you have to log on and get advise. Humble your self before Jon and he will get you thru.

Jon Wehrenberg
10-05-2006, 07:42 AM
Chris,

If those are the white (clear) lights with the chrome plated housing it is likely they are on the house circuit and were accidently turned on.

I can't remember who converted your coach, but on my Libertys when those lights are turned on there is a light on the dash to indicate they are on. On my coach they are called cargo lights.

Notice I have made no comments about LEDs, preferring to let Batman and Robin have their way with you.

Chris and Debbie Yates
10-05-2006, 10:07 AM
Jon, that is an ugly thought about Batman and Robin but staying out of their target zone was motivation enough for me to keep trying things until I got it fixed. My original thought was correct, it was the security system acting wierd.

Chris