PDA

View Full Version : dreadnought skulks no more?

dreadnought
10-03-2006, 08:44 PM
ok guys, wish me luck, I've looked for months, and it hopefully comes to an end on Friday, 2005 Elegant Lady with slideouts. :cool: I said all along I did not want slides, but it's hard to ignore the resale factor, and besides, I'm tired of looking. I know they're drooling in stuart...

Coloradobus
10-03-2006, 09:10 PM
Dreadnaught,

That's great. Be sure all updates have been done, including Prevost updates. We have recently learned that vintage of XLII shell, a few, had some delamination of the steel layers in the ceilings of the slides rooms. There needs to be some support structure added and the delamination repaired. Apparently a thinner steel was used in the slide room rrof that is not holding up, We learned this from a previously owned new coach owner, The Tiger Coach, Marathon #884, that was featured on the Travel Channel a time back. Its an '05 as well.
Also besure to have the front bushings checked, and look for front tire wear.
The "Tiger Coach" has about 18,000 miles on as of 9-07-06, and needed bushings, tires and an alignment,as well.. Hope this doesn't dissuade you. The coaches with the 365 tires ride superbly.
Keep your eyes open and be informed.

Good luck

Jerry Winchester
10-03-2006, 09:34 PM
Dread,

Hope everything works out for the new coach and welcome to the POG. The XL2 has a high covetability for me, so make sure you post photos of it so I can show my wife and convince her we don't need whatever house/car/college education/vacation home she has planned.

JDUB

MangoMike
10-03-2006, 11:24 PM
D-Nought,

Pick that sweet ride up on Friday and you can make POG II by Wednesday in time to see Fast Roger drooling thru Happy Hour. Plus you can Jon to fix everthing they missed during the PDI.

Congrats on the new bus!

And JW could be enjoying a similiar ride - just need to sell the B.

MM

dreadnought
10-04-2006, 03:44 AM
thanks for the great intel colorado, I think it's dead on the money. This bus has 37K on it & the only obvious problem anyone saw when it came in was 1 of the front tires wearing a little funny. They are replacing both steer tires & having it aligned. I'll ask about the bushings and the roof today. Bushings should last a lot longer than that. I wonder if they were low quality or there's some kind of ongoing problem?

merle&louise
10-04-2006, 07:54 AM
Dreadnought,

Congratulations! I know that you will not be sorry that you bought a dual slide coach. In a few weeks, the slides will become second nature. Just go slow and follow extend/retract directions to the letter. Slides are no big deal, they are the future. Enjoy the extra room:D

Will you be able to make it to Santa Fe?

Can wait to see your new bus!

rmboies
10-04-2006, 08:19 AM
ok guys, wish me luck, I've looked for months, and it hopefully comes to an end on Friday, 2005 Elegant Lady with slideouts. :cool: I said all along I did not want slides, but it's hard to ignore the resale factor, and besides, I'm tired of looking. I know they're drooling in stuart...

oh drool drool, this sounds like a fabulous coach! You will love the slides and as Merle and Louise suggested, just follow the extend and retract instructions to the letter and all should be well! I have no doubt that you have made their day in Stuart:D Congratulations!

Debi and Bob-00

JIM CHALOUPKA
10-04-2006, 08:53 AM
It sure sounds like a beauty. Many happy and safe miles. JIM

Sting
10-04-2006, 10:51 AM
Congrats!! I know you will love it! Enjoy!

dreadnought
10-04-2006, 08:16 PM
I sure appreciate all the best wishes. Colorado, talked to them this AM & was assured this was an alignment issue that had already been taken care of. Bushings were fine. There was a thinly veiled reference to other converter's axle loading choices that could cause bushing problems.
Also said they personally inspected slides & found no problem. However, thanks to you, it's all documented in emails in case something rears it's head in the future.

I wish we could go to POG but right now I need to look for a second job so as to afford the monthly payment:eek: But we'll sure try for the next get together.
Oh and by the way Jdub, I checked out your website and it appears to me you should be able to buy any coach you want:D, Unlike us po white trash..

Jerry Winchester
10-04-2006, 09:27 PM
All I can say is poor folks have poor ways, so I'll just keep driving my this one until Lew upgrades to a XL2 or H3, then I'll say "that sucks" and go sell my airplane so I can hang with the PP leader.

If I could figure out how to get MangoMike in the oil business, my worries would all be over. :cool: MangoilMike's.....has a nice ring to it eh?

Jon Wehrenberg
10-05-2006, 07:44 AM
If Mango got into the oil business, he would be bringing ribs to oil well fires and they would turn into social events.

He would have CK passing out cooling refreshments.

Jerry Winchester
10-05-2006, 03:39 PM
Today's BBQ - MangoMike Style

lewpopp
10-05-2006, 09:26 PM
We're all joyous that the dreaded naught moved to where he feared to tread and finally made his move

My question is: What is it when someone "Skulks"? Is that person sulking with another "K"?

garyde
10-05-2006, 10:54 PM
If its the H3 on the Liberty website, that is a beautiful Coach! Say Hi to Everyone at Liberty for me. Gary

Ben
10-08-2006, 01:55 PM
How 'bout some photos?

garyde
10-23-2006, 10:42 PM
Has anyone seen the Pictures yet?

dreadnought
10-24-2006, 06:09 PM
sorry guys, I've been busy. Here she is, (hopefully)

win42
10-24-2006, 06:46 PM
Dread: What a beauty ! You must be terrifically happy and excited. Enjoy !
See you @ POG3.

Harry

Sting
10-24-2006, 07:13 PM
Dread...you have every reason to be proud. That is one very fine, very awesome machine. I like the layout. Different than most! Again, very very very fine bus!!!

MangoMike
10-24-2006, 07:44 PM
Dread,

Man oh man! Glad you made it happen. Liberty builds one fine bus.

Is this a great country or what!

Mike

garyde
10-24-2006, 08:00 PM
Now you are definately going to have to be at the next POG to help me Champion 'the slides'. What a Coach! Did you drive it home?

Joe Cannarozzi
10-24-2006, 09:40 PM
Get that thing on the road!!!!!!!
I think its time for Sea Trials:cool:
Great colors, inside AND out.
congradulations!

dreadnought
10-25-2006, 07:23 AM
here's some more inside pix now that I figured out how to do it. Thanks for all the kind words guys. It's a whole lot of money and a big payment every month but it sure is nice. Yes, we drove it home, and then spent last weekend riding the Blue Ridge Parkway and dry camped in one of the Parkway campgrounds. Beautiful drive, the leaves were peaked, very tight campground! They must have built it in the 50's when Ricky Ricardos ride was the biggest thing on the road.

rmboies
10-25-2006, 08:54 AM
Simply beautiful Dread--I like the combination of the real wood with the laminates. It adds warmth without making the coach appear dark. The enjoyment you will receive from owning this fabulous work of art will offset the monthly payments:D Congratulations!!

Debi and BOB-00

Sting
10-25-2006, 10:40 AM
I want to echo Debi's words. I was going to say the same thing but she worded it so much more beautifully than I could. I have not seen a new one look any better. Awesome, beautiful, fine, I just dont know if those are good enough adjectives. Again, you should be proud.

Coloradobus
10-25-2006, 02:00 PM
Super looking ride there Dread. May you be the shiniest coach at POG III, well for those who are stainless.
By the way, what campground did you stay in on the Blue Ridge Pkwy?

We were near there last March but trees were still down from the hurricane that past thru.

;)

mike kerley
10-25-2006, 03:43 PM
BEAUTIFUL. I love the wood and the layout.

I'll not be letting my wife see these pictures.

Mike K.

dreadnought
10-25-2006, 07:28 PM
It was Julian Price Campground, Colorado. And it probably wouldn't haver been so bad except I got there at dusk, they were closing for the night and told me, "just go find an empty spot and bring the number back down to register". I go hauling butt to find a space before they closed and went up the tent camping loop!:eek: The path was about wide enough for a golf cart, I dropped the drive axle in the ditch on one side, had to back up and go around the loop the wrong way just to fit. Needless to say, the tent campers were gawking. By this time it was slam dark, I finally find the RV loop and the only space long enough for the bus was straight up the hill. In order to be out of the road I had to back till the tag tires hit the curb, so I couldn't level up because the back was already on the ground! My poor old 71 year old mama was with us and slept on the couch. I told her to be sure to sleep with her head uphill. The next morning she told us she slid out of the bed twice in the night! Oh well, the ride the next day made up for it.

JIM CHALOUPKA
10-25-2006, 07:48 PM
Good story Dread what a memorable way to break it in. Your new acquisition is perfectly styled and very tastefully done. Congratulations and many happy and safe miles. JIM

Jerry Winchester
10-25-2006, 08:14 PM
What a sweet coach. Roger will have to have one of those next if Mick keeps up the driving.

And for those who missed previewing the inside of MangoMike's coach at Santa Fe, here is an old photo.

http://img2.travelblog.org/Photos/9130/81771/f/504124-The-ornate-hallway-leading-to-the-Sistine-Chapel-0.jpg

Sting
10-25-2006, 08:33 PM
WOW. Mango's coach is very nice. Not too gaudy or alot of glitz. Very tasteful. Very understated. So often you see these buses that look like a w****house, but Mango's is so down to earth. Thanks for sharing that with us JW.:D

garyde
10-25-2006, 11:35 PM
Is that the Bathroom?

garyde
10-25-2006, 11:37 PM
Is that the Bathroom?

MangoMike
10-26-2006, 12:31 AM
Note: Photo pre - renovation.

MM

Just Plain Jeff
10-26-2006, 08:19 AM
Now that's a mighty fine coach.

May you have many happy years...and miles with it! (Don't go to Jimmy Buffet concerts in it, though...)

dalej
10-26-2006, 11:29 AM
Hey where's the complaint section in this forum? I want to complain about posting photos that makes my wife think there are better coach’s out there. And Sting’s signature, 2008 in production, she lost it on that!:D :D

MangoMike
10-26-2006, 11:51 AM
Dale,

Join the club. All complaints registered here: Lew@biteme.com
Mango

rfoster
10-26-2006, 01:56 PM
Mango: Have you noticed the number of hits you and CK get?
Gotta be close to the most popular thread -Does she know how much exposure she is getting? Lew @ biteme.com is chasing 2nd.

Jon Wehrenberg
10-26-2006, 04:04 PM
I'm CK's business agent and lawyer. We want to talk about royalties.

MangoMike
10-26-2006, 04:38 PM
Fast Roger,
Oh yes I'm very familiar with the numbers and tomorrow when you wipe the sleep out of your eyes they'll be a new shot to help you jump start the day.
PS I like the addition to your signature.

Jon,
You're still dreamin'

Truk4u,
You still owe me $20 CoronaKellyBucks

MM

rfoster
10-26-2006, 08:54 PM
How do you go in and change a signature on someones else post? Inquiring minds want to know. I could really have a big time with that. You must have persuaded an administrator by money or food. No make that just food.

lewpopp
10-26-2006, 09:38 PM
Bite Me, Bite Me, Bite Me