PDA

View Full Version : Deep Sea Fishing - Myrtle Beach

truk4u
04-18-2010, 10:14 PM
Anyone have a recommendation on a good Deep Sea boat in Myrtle Beach?

Sid Tuls
04-18-2010, 10:23 PM
Hi Tom, What I really wanted to say is one that "Floats" But I didn't because I don't want to get kick off the POG site. Tom where can a guy find a new steering wheel for a Prevost? Looking at some pictures of buses they have these neat woodgrain steering wheels thought maybe you would know where to find them. Thanks. ( hope to get a response )

truk4u
04-19-2010, 08:26 AM
Sid,

How the hell did we get from fishing to steering wheels?:p Just kidding, I know where my T-shirts come from.:cool:

Try this out.... http://www.ronthebusnut.com/browseDisp_25.html

kenrobertson
04-19-2010, 07:50 PM
Best suggestion I have is to get back to Clearwater and go grouper diggin' and king fishin' - We're slayin' em -

Give me a call-

Ken

Will Garner
04-19-2010, 07:52 PM
Tom,

I had the same thought as did Sid. My variation was to find one that was not leaking. Hey, don't those big deep sea fishing boats have steering wheels too? Most of them are also made of wood with metal features.

Don't stop at Myrtle Beach. Way too commercial for you "experienced folks." Go on further north to the real Carolina! We have deep sea boats everywhere up and down our coast, most of them don't leak either!

Have fun when your "ship comes in!"

rickdesilva
04-20-2010, 07:08 AM
I haven't been there in a while but I believe Merrills Inlet is the place.

truk4u
04-20-2010, 09:23 AM
Thanks guys, but this is a family beach gathering, no bus and my other choice would be to go mooch off of Ken since he provides the big three! Free boat, bait and beer...:cool:

kenrobertson
04-20-2010, 09:45 AM
Tom - Yep.....Just let me know when you're coming

Ken

Gary Carmichael
05-07-2010, 06:01 PM
Truk4u, Go to Southport N.C. or Oregon Inlet N.C. At Oregon inlet you are 30 miles to deep water 100 fathoms + Sothport is where we kept our boat and live 60 miles to deep water but good inshore fishing at both places. Also great charter boats, Later this month the bill fish will start showing up whem water temp[ gets to 78-82 good weed lines.Gary

truk4u
05-07-2010, 08:26 PM
Thanks Gary, but I hooked up with a local guy in Myrtle and since the weather was rough off shore, we went Flounder fishing in Murrells Inlet and had a blast. 15 fish in about 4 hours.