PDA

View Full Version : H3 vs. XL pricing question

matsprt
09-30-2006, 03:17 PM
I have been told that the H3 "costs" more that an XL as a new purchase. Can anyone confirm this ??

Then please comment about the used market, as it seems that H's are priced (at least asking price) less than XL's comparably.

If the first statement is true then the second makes no sense. I know it's difficult at best to compare buses that really only share a chassis. However there must be some sort of reasoning to this.

Michael
Still looking....:cool:

MangoMike
09-30-2006, 08:14 PM
Michael,

When I was looking via Phil Cooper he informed me that an H3 Chassis costs the converters 50K more than the XL. Most the time my search showed a H3 from the same converter at a higher price than the same year XL.

But as you know they're are more variables than Winchester cliche's so it's always difficult to compare apples to mangoritas.

Mike

matsprt
09-30-2006, 08:52 PM
Mike,

I can go with that. The question begs to be asked, does it "cost" a converter "more" to convert a H vs. an XL ?? Are there difficulties in converting an H that one does not encounter with an XL. Or are there reasons that make an XL easier than an H.

And I agree that it's almost impossible to "compare" these things as there are so few to begin with. It just seems to me that asking prices in the used market for a comparably built H is less than an XL.

Must be that "bling" factor of the polished SS sides....:D :D

And a BIG 10-4 on the Winchester's cliché's.:eek: :eek: Fortunately I just won an EBay auction for an asbestos fire suit, I'm practicing safe POG.

Michael

lewpopp
09-30-2006, 10:04 PM
Good luck with the ASS-BEST-US fire suit. Jerry and his men use space age materials that are only a secret to his confidonts. Any suit that whould fit him would have to be made by Omar the tent man anyway. Have fun disposing of your ASS-BEST-US suit.:D

Stuff it under Jon's coach at POG II.

Jerry Winchester
09-30-2006, 11:55 PM
What the he........ I go to the airport and work on my coach all day and get home at dark thirty to find Lew on the computer because no one holds happy hour on Saturday?

Geeze......... I know you bike shorts boys have to stick together, but to bang on a guy who's been out working all day, that's just not right.

But the bright side; found the stinkin short in the starboard 12V lights. It would seem a square drive screw (new, unused and probably dropped when the coach was built 14 years ago) rolled down into one of the eyeball lights over the galley counter and lodged against the hot terminal and grounded against the light base thus causing the fuse to blow. I've been searching for months to find this. Then I fixed the CB (another power issue), so let the smack talk begin down I-40.

And since we will be sufficiently ahead of Jon and Slow Roger, it shouldn't be too hard to describe the rolling Liberty brothels to the truckers. We'll tell them it's The Girls Next Door. That should keep you guys busy for a few hundred miles. :o

garyde
10-01-2006, 12:04 AM
The H3 s cost more for the shell, it is bigger and two levels inside. Depending on the Converter and what they choose to design into the Coach, the H3s can get quite expensive. Once they are sold, they depreciate quickly . The Value for all of the improvements do not hold up. The Stainsteel Coaches are similar in depreciation, but they have one thing goinging for them, they all look the same, Mercedez,Porsche, Volkswagon all realized this long ago when they kept the body style of their Cars the same year after year and kept improving the engineering within the vehicle.

truk4u
10-01-2006, 08:54 AM
Fess up big boy, you know your attempt to add all the Vegas LED's to your rolling glitzmobile caused the LOST screw!:D Now your blaming it on the poor Mfg who can't defend themselves anymore.:p

The dark side rules....:cool:

Jon Wehrenberg
10-01-2006, 03:38 PM
So if I have this right....Ole size 63 has a screw loose?

Jerry Winchester
10-01-2006, 04:39 PM
No, it was a "lodged" screw. If it had been "loose", I wouldn't have had the problem. :rolleyes:

garyde
10-01-2006, 07:55 PM
Liberty has just posted two used H3-45 for sale on their website. ( 2003 and 2005 )They look pretty nice.

lewpopp
10-01-2006, 10:38 PM
So Jerry, are we to understand that your doctor fixed your "loose" screw years ago? Set us straight on this.

lewpopp
10-01-2006, 10:41 PM
As for "Happy Hour", I am back on a land line in Florida and off of that damn cell phone.

The late use of the computer is due to an aggressive bride wanting to TCB before I do my play with my playpals.

Jerry Winchester
10-02-2006, 11:37 AM
Lew, I thought we settled this in the spring.......

http://www.prevostownersgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37

lewpopp
10-02-2006, 09:24 PM
Jer, what's that crap. It's all about GPS's. What's that got to do with the so important subject at hand.