PDA

View Full Version : Invisible Chamois

JIM KELLER
04-12-2010, 07:49 AM
Purchased my Invisible Chamois in Kerrville Texas at the POG Rally. Noticed some water spots starting to show while washing the Bus in the Florida sun. Read the directions and tested the water quailty on the output side. Directions say to send in for regereration at 10 ppm of tds. Mine tested at 85 ppm. Regeneration process took only 5 days and I'm back in service.

This spot free rinse system has been one of the best purchases I have made for the Bus.

truk4u
04-12-2010, 08:36 AM
I have one also and it does a great job, but I wish they could come up with some kind of gauge to tell how much time is left on the charge.

As a side note, I tried to get them to become a Sponsor and come to OKC (the're based in OK) in hopes of getting Poggers a discount on the purchase and recharges, but they were non responsive. I thought with about 50 stainless buses in their back yard, they would have been all over it, but nope. Maybe Jdub could lean on them for a discount!:p

rfoster
04-12-2010, 09:37 AM
Mr. Keller: How many Pesos for a recharge? I am getting close to needing a recharge myself.

JIM KELLER
04-12-2010, 10:09 AM
Mr. Foster, 79 Pesos plus shipping. First send back is free shipping if you have the box it came in and the free shipping label. More expensive if you don't drain out the water and pay the shipping yourself ! Let me know what your parts per million of total disolved solids are before you send it in for a recharge.

Mr. Moderator, I agree. It would be nice to know as you go although the little electronic testing meter is fun to use. I tested my tank, well water and various bottles of drinking water. The meter is very precise.

pwf252
04-12-2010, 10:27 AM
I'm sure it's listed somewhere but to make it easy on me does anyone have a website for this product?? Much appreciated.

Alek&Lucia
04-12-2010, 10:35 AM
Hi,

Has anybody compared this two products below :

http://www.portablewaterdi.com/deionizers.php

http://www.invisiblechamois.com/browse.htm?shopBy=-504&catalogId=-216

The first one you can recharge your self at home.

Alek

truk4u
04-12-2010, 01:32 PM
Tool Man,

My first re-charge wasn't free! I have to check that out...

jack14r
04-12-2010, 01:36 PM
If you are on a city water system that has chlorine you will need a carbon tank to remove the chlorine before the DI tanks.

Jon Wehrenberg
04-12-2010, 01:48 PM
If you guys can keep from falling off the ladder, the solution is to get your lazy butts in gear and using a tall stack of bath towels hand dry the coach before the water drops dry on it. Then you don't care how many PPMs.

Do I hafta teach you guys everything?

In anticipation of the folks who live where the sun shines asking the question, the answer is to wash it a section at a time and then dry it quickly. If you wait until you wash the whole bus then you will have water spots.

JIM KELLER
04-12-2010, 01:55 PM
Amazingly Mr. Foster and I watched Jon wash his entire Bus with less than one bucket of water ! I saw it with my own eyes and still don't know how he did it.

Jon Wehrenberg
04-12-2010, 02:02 PM
Skill........nothing but skill. If the bus is covered with salt from running in the snow belt it takes two or three buckets.

When we were using the coach to get to seminars and trade shows for Campground owners we tried to have it look clean (remember how UPS used to have clean trucks?) and since we couldn't get water in a campground in the winter up north we learned how to do it using the bus water. On those rare, very rare instances when I use soap I do use a hose for rinsing.

truk4u
04-12-2010, 09:46 PM
Please..... Is this the same guy who pulls a Hummer, gold plates his plumbing valves, spends untold amounts of money on Lawrence Welk Memorabilia, but is too cheap to by an Invisible Chamois?:confused:

Jon Wehrenberg
04-13-2010, 06:53 AM
I need the exercise.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
04-13-2010, 07:44 AM
I bought my Invisible Chamois when I first got my bus in 02/08 and can't say enough good about how well it works for me. I think I convinced Kelly Preston from Invisible Chamois to come to the First Kerrville rally, and he was able to show up last minute and sold quite a few units.

I have yet to refresh my tank, and I thought I was using it quite often, and it still works like a charm?

I have since found out that any good quality Home water Softening Company can usually refresh your tank with the same quality chemicals, and it would save you shipping of the tank. You might want to check that out before shipping off for a recharge.

Gary S.

Jerry Winchester
04-13-2010, 10:18 PM
I have really enjoyed the unit I have and I had it recharged, but used the secret handshake since the one of the guys is an O-State alumni. He brought a replacement to a football game and we swapped out. Very good customer service.