PDA

View Full Version : POG member injured. Well wishes, prayers & support requested.

jello_jeep
04-11-2010, 09:57 PM
Heard that yesterday, Mike Clark was in the process of washing his bus in Las Vegas (I presume @ ORA), and fell from his ladder, landing on his head.

Mike is currently in ICU in vegas, suffering a dislocated left shoulder, and a brain bleed and the expected associated bumps and bruises.

Dee says they expect him to be released in a day or two if everything goes smooth, but he will have to be flat on his back for awhile.

She also suggested in a day or two, he could use some online harassment via the POG site from all his friends, so chime in and give him what for when he surfaces!

garyde
04-12-2010, 12:23 AM
I hope Mike gets all the care and rest he needs and gets back to his wife and family very soon. Here's wishing you a speedy recovery Mike.

JIM CHALOUPKA
04-12-2010, 06:01 AM
Hope your recovery is swift! You take better care of yourself Michael, get back in here we miss you.

JIM :)

Jon Wehrenberg
04-12-2010, 07:27 AM
Wow, get better soon Mike. There will likely be some ball busting when the POG members know you are on the road to recovery, but I think there are a lot of us that are using ladders for cleaning and working on our coaches and you are not the first to get injured, but I think so far you have the most serious injuries. I guess we need to be more careful.

In the future Dee needs to clean the bus. I'll supervise.

ajducote
04-12-2010, 07:42 AM
Mike,

Have a speedy recovery. Listen to the doctors and take it easy for a while. I am sure we will give you enough grief latter, when you are feeling better.

tdelorme
04-12-2010, 08:04 AM
We're praying for a speedy and complete recovery. Wish we were closer so we could finish washing the bus for you.

truk4u
04-12-2010, 08:22 AM
Get well soon Mike and in the future, let Dee clean the bus!

michaeldterry
04-12-2010, 08:46 AM
Mike - I'm sorry to learn of your mishap! Based on the original post - it sounds like you may have "dodged a bullet" with the severity of your head injury - and if that's the case, I'm thrilled for you (considering how bad/devastating a brain bleed/TBI - traumatic brain injury - can be)!

As a TBI survivor (albiet a permanently disabled one), I can tell you that - of all things you can fall on, your head is the one you want to avoid! :rolleyes:

Vita and I send our sincere best wishes for a complete and speedy recovery! And stay off those damned ladders from now on! :p

JIM KELLER
04-12-2010, 08:50 AM
Wow Mike, How awful. Hope you have a speedy recovery. When you are up to it tell us how it happened.

Coloradobus
04-12-2010, 10:04 AM
Mike, get well soon. I know the feeling of being "airborn" for a short moments before the 'plopp" Dang ladder didnt even fall, but it made me do it!
Next time, Velcro !

Steve Bennett
04-12-2010, 10:43 AM
Best wishes on a complete, and speedy recovery.

rmboies
04-12-2010, 10:54 AM
Mike, Bob and I send you wishes for a speedy recovery......bumps and bruises will heal, we are thankful you are going to be ok!

Debi and Bob

Will Garner
04-12-2010, 07:41 PM
Mike,

Man I hate to hear of your misfortune. I too did a flop from a ladder years ago when I was more flexible. Hope everything gets back to normal. Dee, don't listen to Tom suggesting you wash that bus - just get Mike a motorcycle helmet to protect his head opnce he is feeling better. The velcro is a good suggestion too!

BTW, I gave up house painting when my 24' extension ladder got the "shakes." I know it wasn't me, so it had to be the ladder. Good thing I had not yet dipped the brush in the paint!

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
04-12-2010, 09:01 PM
Mike, Ed and I sure hope that you have a speedy recovery. Very sad to hear about the accident. I have to admit that I have always preached to my patients about ladders. THEY ARE FOR LADS. (Sorry :rolleyes:)
Dee, let us know if we need to send any "care" packages to help cheer him up! Maybe you could post your address for us.

Also, now that we just got "our" new 2001 Royale XLII, we may have questions in the future for you. :)

Best regards,
Sandy

Kevin Erion
04-12-2010, 10:06 PM
Mike, hurry up and get better, I have these 2 $20 dollar bills I need to give you!
Kevin

HarborBus
04-12-2010, 10:15 PM
Mike, sorry to hear about your mishap, ladders are one of the most dangerous tools we use and require allot of respect when on one. You get well soon.

Pete
04-12-2010, 10:43 PM
Mike, sorry to hear about your fall. Wish I had known, I just left Las Vegas on Sunday and could have come to see about you! Get well soon!

mikedee
04-13-2010, 01:28 AM
I got home this afternoon from the hospital. Two days in ICU was plenty. I don't remember any thing for about 12 hours. Took a trip around the world but never left Vegas. I fell from a 6’ ladder onto the concrete resulting in a dislocated left shoulder, abrasions and a concussion with bleeding on my brain. Thanks to excellent care by the EMTs and UMC Trauma center and of course my wife Dee, I am on the road to a full recovery. Look forward to seeing you all at the next rally.

HarborBus
04-13-2010, 01:42 AM
Great to hear your home and on the mend. Hope your shoulder is not to painful but if it is you can get some goooood drugs.

parksincpp
04-15-2010, 10:16 PM
Wow. We hope you make a full and speedy recovery. Falling on your head is not allowed!! Stupid bus. Stupid ladder. You'll have to show us your scars when we see you next. Come and find me and say hi next time your at Prevost/Mira Loma.

BrianE
04-16-2010, 10:04 PM
Looks like you got away with it this time Mike. Wishing you a rapid recovery.

In the future: EVERYONE, Please BE CAREFUL.

jello_jeep
04-17-2010, 11:06 AM
TMZ is reporting that Mike is on the mend for sure, and already being frisky with Dee.... So much for the ladder story!!! ;)

flyu2there
04-17-2010, 09:35 PM
You are a sick pup Warren......I like it!

rfoster
04-18-2010, 08:20 AM
That is NOT what happened to me when I fell off the ladder while working on the bus. But I can tell you when it is going to rain.

Journeyone144
05-02-2010, 09:36 AM
HI Mike,
That will never happen to you twice...count on it...I know all too well...
I didn't fall off a ladder but in 1983 I did fall the three steps down from a Commercial bus I was driver of...
When I woke up in the hosp. after also landing on the top of my head I couldn't hear a sound...Later found I'd sustained... Inner Ear Injury...rendering me totally deaf for life...
Now I hear sounds about six feet away from me with huge hearing aids...My own voice sounds like I'm talking from or in a tin can..but you would sound the same as before the loss...Can get used to anything...Blessing's and Keep the Faith...
Hugs Always Viv

sawdust_128
05-03-2010, 05:10 PM
Mike: Glad to hear that you are on the mend. What can I say that hasn't already been said? How bout -----------Don't do that again!!

Glad to have you back.

hhoppe
05-13-2010, 12:48 AM
Wow Mike!! glad you made it through that one ok. Hope you get that shoulder shot gun ready soon. Try not to drive Dee crazy while you recover.

That was a wake up call for all of us old guys getting on ladders. I still do it but I'm pretty damn shaky at it these days. I'll be thinking twice every time I'm tempted from now on.