PDA

View Full Version : Point Hudson Marina & RV Park

James
04-11-2010, 11:52 AM
Has anyone with a 45 footer stayed at the Point Hudson Marina & RV Park at Port Townsend, WA?

Our friends are there with their sailboat and we were thinking about visiting.

Will Garner
04-11-2010, 12:46 PM
James,

I have not been to that park. While on vacation in 2008 we did stop at a couple parks in Oregon. One was Winchester Bay and we recommend that one highly. It is about 15 miles north of Coos Bay. It also has a marina adjacent to the park and is right at the really big Oregon Dunes area. The other park was Jantzen Beach. Turns out there is no beach at all. It was originally an amusement park back in the early 1920's. The park was ok if you just really had to overnight somewhere but it is not very high on my list for a return visit. It is on the north side of Portland off the last exit of I-5 before crossing into Washington State.

Will

James
04-11-2010, 10:32 PM
Will,

Thanks, I'll keep those in mind.

simpsonwilliams
04-12-2010, 11:11 AM
We have not stayed there, however, we stopped to visit while in PT. It is in a great location. The views are great if you get a waterside location. If not, the park rating really goes down for us. The park itself is pretty basic. It is a little tight and facilities are pretty dated. It is walking distance into PT so that is a plus.

James
04-12-2010, 12:07 PM
We have not stayed there, however, we stopped to visit while in PT. It is in a great location. The views are great if you get a waterside location. If not, the park rating really goes down for us. The park itself is pretty basic. It is a little tight and facilities are pretty dated. It is walking distance into PT so that is a plus.

Thanks, if it's tight for a 40 I'm wondering if it's "too tight" for a 45. Maybe we'll just visit and not stay over.