PDA

View Full Version : got to get a prevost

oogie
04-07-2010, 12:59 PM
my name is Matthew Avara, Oogie is the name i used for signing in. I am not very computer savvy, but trying. i am to dependent on staff at office i guess. i am close to convinving my wife and kids that a prevost will be the best gift daddy can ever buy for the family. gonna do it anyway, whether they want it or not. i bought Mama a brand new yamaha outboard motor for Christmas, and a small a custom mohogany skiff to go with it. got to move back in the house for my birthday. any way glad to be a member of a super cool group of Prevost folks. soon will be one of you, an OWNER, may have to sleep in the coach for a while, but, you do what you got to do. any way delighted to be a part of this group.
Matthew Avara
Pascagoula, Ms

jack14r
04-07-2010, 01:07 PM
My wife said"YOU DID WHAT"

Jon Wehrenberg
04-07-2010, 01:21 PM
Oogie,

Keep the faith. When I told my wife I wanted to look at a Prevost she said there wasn't any way she was going camping.

When she saw the bus she told me she thought she could learn to like it. That was 20 years ago so must be she liked it.

tdelorme
04-07-2010, 01:25 PM
Yea, Oogie, I do believe you have found the right forum to get treatment for MPD. Welcome to POG where wisdom and BS go hand in hand. Give us an idea of what your looking for and we'll help you spend more than you ever dreamed a camper could cost.

HarborBus
04-07-2010, 03:20 PM
Welcome Oogie, Welcome, we love to spend other peoples money. You have come to the right place, enjoy the site and the adventure of finding just the right bus for you.

rfoster
04-07-2010, 03:24 PM
Oogie: Welcome to the Forum. Glad to have you.

Sounds to me like you are a stand up kind of guy. Buying your better half all those nice things, you should have a green light to buy whatever bus suits your taste.

There is always plenty of free advice here when it comes to spending money, especially when it belongs to someone besides me.

Danss
04-07-2010, 03:26 PM
Welcome aboard! Glad to have someone just 40 miles away. Dan

oogie
04-07-2010, 03:28 PM
thank you sir for the encouragement. she will come around. looking forward to visiting more.
oogie

oogie
04-07-2010, 03:34 PM
thanks. i have always heard that there is saftey in numbers. perhaps we can fill the culdisac in front of our home with Prevost's. I am in Pascagoula, i see your from the coast. are you east or west of us.

MangoMike
04-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Do what I did, and just tell her you're bringing home a reasonably priced Winnebago.

Mango Mike

Roger97
04-07-2010, 05:43 PM
Mine said "go ahead and buy whatever the **** you want". Well she is now my EX, I guess she didn't really mean it.
Good luck with your quest, I'm not far behind you. I'm currently in a state that hasn't been visited by Jon.

Danss
04-07-2010, 07:25 PM
I am in Diamondhead just norhth of Bay St. Louis. Hope to meet you soon. Dan

truk4u
04-07-2010, 07:53 PM
Oogie,

Welcome aboard.... Be careful when you mention Skiff and Mahogany, it makes us think of our leader along with wood and we don't want to go there!:o

michaeldterry
04-07-2010, 07:56 PM
My wife said"YOU DID WHAT"

That literally happened when I bought Evangeline! I made the committment to buy at 3:00AM one night and sheepishly slinked into the bedroom, woke Vita from a sound sleep and said, "Honey, I think I just bought a bus...." - "You did WHAT???" but once I showed her the pictures after she woke up the next morning, it was love at first sight! She loves that bus as much as I do! In fact, Vita's the one who named her!

Welcome to the group, oogie! Shopping for the "one" can be great fun and will certainly be an adventure! Take advanage of the POG brain trust and ask lots of questions. Be sure to enlist the "boss" in making your of must haves, nice to haves, Not on your life, and take it or leave it lists. "If Mamma ain't happy, nobody's happy!" :p

When you find the one, you'll know it! It'll feel like home the moment you step into the front salon!

jack14r
04-07-2010, 08:06 PM
Mike,Do they come in pairs?

JIM CHALOUPKA
04-07-2010, 10:03 PM
Matthiew, just buy your wife an ironing board or mixer and you will be able to buy any bus you choose..........TO LIVE IN:D:D:D

JIM:eek:

tdelorme
04-07-2010, 10:24 PM
Mike,Do they come in pairs?

Wow, Jack, way harsh. I mean yea, it's true Mike has a pair but he has been able to sleep at night for the last few months. Now that's out the window and the price of Jerked Chicken just doubled for all of us.

garyde
04-07-2010, 11:25 PM
Hi Matthew. A wise man once said to me 'it's much easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission. Well I don't know if that's quite true but all things being equal, go for it.

bonhall41
04-07-2010, 11:29 PM
Oogie,

I once got a boat (that I didn't know I wanted) for my birthday and later a car or two--again not my idea. I'm sure your wife will come around eventually because it was MY idea that we get a Prevost after a number of other RVs--one of which we still have. The aforementioned "other" RV has sat in the driveway since the Prevost purchase two years ago and we're finally seriously thinking of selling it since I refuse to travel in it. You just have to convince her that it's her idea. Good luck and we look forward to meeting you soon. We're just a few hours east of you in the FL Panhandle. By the way, there are several members who currently own two buses that might be willing make you a great deal.

Bonnie

Loc
04-08-2010, 06:23 AM
Oogie,

I (and my wife) found it to be a great purchase because of the time we spend together as a family. We started when our kids were 1.5 and minus 1.5 years old. The kids love it and my wife thinks its pretty nice as well. Give Mango "Noah" a call. He has been prepared for the flood for a couple of years with a pair of buses. Good luck with the search.

pwf252
04-08-2010, 08:52 AM
Oogie,
You could explain to your wife how given the current economic climate that there are some great bargains out there, which there are if one can convince himself that Prevost and bargain can be used in the same conversation. Thats how I done it!!!!! I do believe though that she's caught on by now but she also enjoys the thing so much that we mutually avoid that conversation.

Jon Wehrenberg
04-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Oogie,

You should realize by now from the sampling of comments on this thread that people have used all sorts of ways to justify the purchase of a Prevost conversion. They range from Mango who just went out and did it, and then told Donna by waking her up in the middle of the night so she could see her new Winnebago, to folks who actually got their wives involved from the git-go.

But there is one thing you need to know, and it doesn't matter if you do this independently, or if you and your wife jointly go out to buy a bus. These things are a lifestyle. Yes you are buying a bus, but you are getting a whole lot more. First of all you are joining the family. If you don't think POG is a family, go through the pictures, the posts, the discussions and you will quickly realize you will soon become a part of a great group of friends who live all over the country.

Another thing you need to know is purchasing a Prevost conversion is insane. You cannot justify it. It is not an investment. It is a depreciating asset. I costs a ton of money. And then it costs a bunch more to maintain. But nothing else will give you as much enjoyment. Well at least not that you can enjoy in public.

Will Garner
04-09-2010, 09:18 PM
Oogie,

First, welcome to POG. Its a pretty fun place with some really knowledgable bus owner.
Second, is it Oh-G or UhGee?
Third, take your time looking for a Prevost. It can take months into years to find just the right one for you. As Jon will tell you, unless I beat him to it, make a list of your wants and must haves. Compromise in the wants column not the must have column.

Finally, come on out to one of the POG rallys, official or informal, and kick the tires with us. Who knows, you might even want to petition Skiffer for a membership refund!

sticks
04-09-2010, 11:39 PM
Tell your wife " a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do" and move on

Yankee802
04-10-2010, 12:53 AM
We're just a few hours east of you in the FL Panhandle.
Bonnie

Hey, we're moving to Panama City this month, we'll be at Emerald Coast Beach Resort where I'll be working and the wife will be stationed. :)

edsaylor
04-15-2010, 12:21 PM
Oogie: Welcome to POG. You will love this group!!! You are the fourth member of POG from the Mississippi Coast. Hopefully we will get to meet you before too long. I now spend most of the summer in the North Georgia mountains, where it is cooler than Biloxi, and Jan. and Feb. in Port St. Lucie, FL. Look forward to seeing you at a POG rally or mini-rally. By the way, Liberty has the best conversion packages of any Prevosts. Good luck in your search, and welcome! Ed Saylor

Jon Wehrenberg
04-15-2010, 01:40 PM
Just so nobody blames Ed for being a shill for Liberty, I think you will find a lot of Liberty owners share the same opinion about Liberty. I certainly do.

truk4u
04-15-2010, 08:12 PM
Ed, you smooth talking devil!:rolleyes: Did Dave put you up to that.....